cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Question

jandrea95
Level 7
Hey guys! I just picked up a set of Beyerdynamic 990 headphones to take advantage of the mic amp on my new Phoebus card. With that being said I will need to purchase a mic as they do not have one. Is there one you guys would suggest? I dont want to purchase a clip on to be honest. I would like something to sit on my desk if at all possible.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
I think you're going to have to Google for that. I don't use desktop mics myself, so would not know where to start. Got too used to gaming headsets. I have separate gaming and music headsets, so I just use what I need at the time rather than resorting to separate mic.

-Raja

CSF
Level 7
What about the desk microphone the Phoebus itself has to offer in its control box? Tried that already?

dedaciai
Level 10
I have a Phoebus and use the control box as my desktop mic (no need to buy one when you already have one with the Phoebus). I use the control box mic all the time and it works great. It is also quite good at isolating normal background noise without having to turn on the noise isolation software stuff to boot.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

jandrea95
Level 7
Thanks for the feedback guys. I got a good deal on one of these and got it http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/usb-microphones/meteormic/ , its a bit overkill for what I do but hey, it looks cool right? I tried using the control box and my friends had issues hearing me. So I wanted something a bit better.