cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g75vw bad gaming performance

r33fd
Level 7
My system is asus g75vw i7 3610qm, 12 g ram, 750 g ssh, gtx 670m with bios 210

The problem is that when it is't plugged in I cant't play anything !
I did't expected hundreds of FPS but is it normal to only score 10 fps (nfs world) ?
When plugged in I get evan 80 FPS with video settings at maximum !

Same friends with G55vw and gtx660m says they can play on battery with no problem.

I've tried every settings, literally (except for BIOS - I don't want to mess with it !)

Any idea ?
16 REPLIES 16

Individ
Level 7
I would check the power management settings. It seems you have your performance settings set to save bower when using battery.

Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Skull6
Level 10
"With great power comes great responsibility."

The G75VWs were designed to be a "more mobile powerful gaming platform." Which means its easier than a desktop to carry to a LAN-party, The "responsibility" portion of the above quote comes into play in the developers' designed use--it was planned that the user would be utilizing this powerful notebook while it was plugged into the charger.

P.S. Reducing your power settings might mean that you can actually connect to & play some online games, but the trade-off will be that you'll probably have to do so with much lower than desired game settings. I know this probably isn't what you were looking for in a response, but it is closer to reality...
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Anyway it's not a problem to keep it plugged in .

Power management settings... Something is causing a lot of throttling when on battery, you should be able to override those settings. Please report back here. On my G55 I just use Power4Gear but to be honest I haven't tried gaming on battery, I did watch a ripped (legally) Blu Ray though and battery went fast because of hardware acceleration (I think).

Anyone else tried gaming on battery with different results ?

r33fd
Level 7
I've used razer game booster power plan so it must be a limitation from manufacturer !

r33fd
Level 7
I've changed all power management settings without any result . Either the limitation is not related to windows or it must be a HW problem.

BrandeX
Level 9
You can't use the G75 when not plugged in for gaming. Even if you do, and use the high Perf. power plan, besides sucking your battery out in 15 minutes, you still won't have the current to properly run the machine, and your games will lag out. It's meant to do high performance gaming while plugged in period. I use it on battery for browsing the web or 2d gaming only.

r33fd
Level 7
I understand but why my friends with g55vw and gtx660m says they can play very well on battery ?
Is it because of kepler ?