cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building this Saturday. Did I miss anything?

Cut_Throat_Razo
Level 7
Hi guys, I its my first post here and I am just wondering if I am forgetting anything for my build. I here is what I have

Case: lanboy air

Power supply : XION 1000W

Mobo : Asus Maximus V Formula

CPU : i7-3770k

HDD : Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3tb sata3 7200rpm 64mb

Dvd drive : LG 14x sata blu-ray burner with 3d play back

And I will order the this tomorrow
RAM : Corsair CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 240-pin DIMM, 1.5V, CL10, Unbuffered, XMP Ready

I will be using this for gaming, streaming movies, and hulu and the like. I will probably be doing some adobe designing on here too. Photo shop, illustrator, and that stuff. I want this computer to last and I want to buy top of the line components unless it's not worth the jump. For example I didn't get the "best" CPU out there because for my uses the i7-3770k is a damn good chip and if I did get the best i7 out there I wouldn't benefit from the extra. Ever.

So what do you think? I am a brand new newb so be kind and speak simply with explanations.

MC
16 REPLIES 16

Zka17
Level 16
Graphics card?

Cut_Throat_Razo
Level 7
I was under the impression that the Mobo already came with one. I what do you suggest?

Zka17
Level 16
No, not the mobo - the CPU has built in graphics, which is enough for everyday use, but may not be for gaming...

There a lot of graphics cards around... what's your budget?

Don't really have one. I can spend $200 a week.

Zka17
Level 16
If you want the best ones: GTX680 from Nvidia or HD7970 from ATI/AMD
Or you could go lower and get GTX670 or HD7950

BTW, how many monitors do you want to use?

Cut_Throat_Razo
Level 7
One monitor and my Samsung tv

Zka17
Level 16
It's about the resolution... higher res with multiple monitors requires more graphics RAM...
In your case, however, I don't think you would need so much RAM... 2-3GB should be enough...

Cut_Throat_Razo
Level 7
Ok cool. Thanks for your help.
Am I missing anything else? What about cooling?

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
If your not going to overclock stock cooling will work just fine for you, if you are going to overclock personally I am a big fan of the corsair Hydro series particularly the H100i its an all in one watercooling loop for your CPU, no need to fill it or clean it or anything you just screw the fans on screw it to the case and fit it to your CPU and your done.