cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How good is your lcd of g75??

natejr
Level 7
Hello i have a simply question,how good is your lcd??because i have the problem of strange pixel in my lcd,there is a pixel more bright than the other , is not dead because change color , but is like have a dead pixel in clear wallpaper,like sky o when you see the panorama of fallout 3..i don't know if is a ''normal'' ..because the first time was in the centre and i change the lcd with new one,and have the same problem,but less noticeable because is in the top pf the screen..the brand was the same: CHIMEI INNOLUX N173HGE .. so if a ''caratteristic'' of the lcd or a ''fault'' lcd???Please reply
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Clintlgm
Level 14
I've had mine since July and have no screen problems at all
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I've had mine since July and have no screen problems at all

^^ Similar story, though not nearly as long. Had mine since Christmas and haven't noticed any of the LCD issues that have been posted around the forum (Though I'm literally half blind so there could be something weird with mine that my eye just isn't quite good enough to spot.)

If you check back a few pages (2 or 3 should be more than enough) you'll see a lot of threads have already been started about this. Summing up what I remember of the general consensus... Most of the LCD issues people have brought up have been for the ChiMei displays. The belief (I phrase it this way because I personally am not knowledgable enough to confirm these beliefs) is that these are "cheaper" components which were used in various batches.

If it bugs you enough to want to do something about it I'd take it back to the retailer you bought it from and get another new screen put in, and test it there. If they can't, or won't, see if you can still RMA it.

try the program UDEAD PIXEL and try the color white,if the white color is uniform your lcd it's ok, but mine have some pixel more bright than the other,this is my problem for my original lcd and the same problem for the lcd replacment..i don't konw if is normal or it's fault..
look for the program: http://udpix.free.fr/
and in the pics look my problem
what you think??
Thanks for help
the pixel is not dead or stuck because change color so WHAT IS???two lcd,same problem..the model of lcd is CHIMEI INNOLUX 173 HGE REV C1

Pitcher1
Level 9
this problem already many people port, you can search from ROG, also you can call to ASUS service center to ask or repair if you needed.

natejr
Level 7
This morning is arrived the ''new'' lcd , is from the same brand ChiMei N173HGE-L11, and ...yea!!!there is the same problem!!and this model it's glare,the other was matte, and yes SAME problem!!third lcd try from chimei and thir time same problem!!Someone know a model of lcd compatible wih Asus g75VW full hd but from other brand??beacuse all from CHIMEI is fault.
Please reply, Thanks

natejr
Level 7
I have return the lcd (and wait the refund) and buy a new one ( yes i hate the CHIMEI LCD now) . The brand is AUO and is matte type and will arrive in one week .
I hope this is the lucky lcd .
Stay tuned .
Thanks forum of g75