cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I replace the 3d screen for G75VW-BH71-CB????????

thong
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I just brought the G75VW-BH71-CB from Canadian Best Buy 1 month ago. It is is so great, but I just realize that it can't play 3d game and movie. I am wondering that can i replace the 3d screen with 120hz for my current computer? If i can, where can buy the replaced screen? and What is the latest screen that can be handled by my laptop? I also realize that I will void my warranty, but I still want to do that. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

natejr
Level 7
The answer is simply..if you dissasembly the screen,in the back there is the number of the model of the lcd screen and you search the lcd compatible,but the 3d and no-3d version of g75 have different pin connector for the lcd, so if you have the no-3d version of g75 you only replace with another no-3d lcd and the same with the 3d version..i have the no-3d version and have change the lcd because service centre in my country is shi.t and it's simply,you can change a lcd no-glare with glare version or hd version with full hd,but only this..the no-3d version have the CHIMEI INNOLUX N173HGE REV C1 for the full hd version but i don't know for the 3d version..

Thank a lot. I know that we can disassemble and check online, but I am not good at that. I need some specific answer. :(.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i suggest you call to ASUS service center to ask them can be change LCD or not, because if you want to change by youself, if you know and buy it, ASUS can not promise it is ablet to use or not.

I was tricked into buying a less then 1080p monitor with my asus g75 - I just replaced the screen with an upgraded matt 1080p monitor that I purchased online. Works flawlessly - computer is like 30 percent nicer now. I didn't try the 3d one because I was worried it wouldn't work.