cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many mm of radiator do i need?

HarryM
Level 7
Hi,

Im thinking of getting a system with an i7 3930k, 2 GTX 680s and a Rampage IV Extreme.

If i were to watercool all of these components, how much radiator would i need? would 560mm be enough?

(i will be overclocking heavily)

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
Are you planning for a dual loop? That can allow you the flexibility to run components at different coolant temps but you'd be limited to the cooling capacity for that loop of course.

I'd say that with dense rads and high speed fans you could probably get away with that but if you can afford/fit more I would recommend it. Most people with a system like that have 2x 360mm. At one time some years ago I had a CPU and 3 GPUs on just 360mm of rad for giggles but temps were pretty high. By that standard anything is possible.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

or i could have an external 360mm hanging off the back using one of those koolance brackets?

HarryM
Level 7
what about 1 360mm and 2 140mm radiators? that's almost what you said.

its just that i have the cosmos 2 but i want to use the bottom hard drive cages for my raid arrays

HarryM
Level 7
or even a 560 out the back

kkn
Level 14
some told me one time to take : for one oc'd part you should take 2 x 120 rad.

Krindor
Level 11
I would say 1 radiator per part, though start with 1 more radiator i.e. for 1 gpu and CPU start with a 360, then for each new part have one more radiator so for 1 cpu and 3 GPU would be 5 radiators.
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

Zka17
Level 16
My opinion is to have as much as you can! :cool:

Are your GTX680 hotwired and voltage unlocked? If so, they can produce a lot of heat when you're pushing them...

If you don't want insane OC'ing, then the 2x120mm rule for each component should be enough... just think and plan well the airflow...