cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus and 2.1 system

Dreamtool
Level 7
Hi, i just bought the Xonar Phoebus, and i'm trying to work with my 2.1 system...

The problem is that I use 2.1 system but i cant find how to confugure that with phoebus... I want 2 front speakers on each side and the sub. line out activated. It's easy to configure that with 5.1 and 7.1 but it seams impossible to get 2.1? i'm I right?? Doesn't Phoebus support 2.1? It's quite annoying when you gaming or watch movies with 5.1 and the back speakers is silent cause i dont have any...

Speaker System:
1x 18" Subwoofer (behringer D1800)
2x 12" Top speakers, /Yamaha DXR12(
Aditionally i use 2x Dyna Voice CLR-4 with a new pioneer amp. but those have the same line as the other yamaha's...

Do anyone know?
3 REPLIES 3

AVtemp
Level 10
Guess there is no way you can connect sub separately to Phoebus.
Connect Phoebus to Yamaha DXR12 with minijack 3,5mm to RCA stereo cable.
And then connect Sub to Yamaha`s DXR12 "Link Out" port.

Raja
Level 13
Dreamtool wrote:
Hi, i just bought the Xonar Phoebus, and i'm trying to work with my 2.1 system...

The problem is that I use 2.1 system but i cant find how to confugure that with phoebus... I want 2 front speakers on each side and the sub. line out activated. It's easy to configure that with 5.1 and 7.1 but it seams impossible to get 2.1? i'm I right?? Doesn't Phoebus support 2.1? It's quite annoying when you gaming or watch movies with 5.1 and the back speakers is silent cause i dont have any...

Speaker System:
1x 18" Subwoofer (behringer D1800)
2x 12" Top speakers, /Yamaha DXR12(
Aditionally i use 2x Dyna Voice CLR-4 with a new pioneer amp. but those have the same line as the other yamaha's...

Do anyone know?

I don't know of any current dolby technology that encodes in 2.1 specifically. Most of the time 2.1 channel systems use a crossover fed from the left and right channels to support a sub.

On most soundcards the subwoofer output jack is shared with the center channel - which means the minimum you can do is 3.1 (by setting the system up as 5.1).

Use AVtemps' suggestion above.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
I don't know of any current dolby technology that encodes in 2.1 specifically. Most of the time 2.1 channel systems use a crossover fed from the left and right channels to support a sub.

Exactly this! Apart from Dolby and DTS encoded audio were audio is per-channel encoded, in any other application sub-woofers operate under crossovers. A crossover is set to cut off the frequency below a settable point (usually around 80-120hz) from satellite speakers (speakers that ouput mid-range+) and send this to a sub-woofer. This is standard in any sound installation.

A quick look into the manual of the DX12, the HPF switch at the back is exactly that, a crossover. So Set it to 100 or 120Hz and connect the sub-woofer to link out like AVtemp suggested:) If you don't use HPF the entire frequency range will be sent to the sub-woofer which has a frequency response of up to 300Hz. This means you will have bass artifacts guaranteed 🙂
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.