cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Xonar Phoebus. How good are they.

skywalker311
Level 8
Hello, It time for me to get a sound card and I love the way that this card looks.
Even though this would be killer in my new build, I want a great sound card.
I have a 6.1 receiver that I use when watch movie and playing single player games with.
I'm also going to get a new headset. (any recommendations)
I had a plantronics 780 gamecom. I like it but not love it. I couldn't use any of my software with it.
So please no usb recommendations. I'll be using the headset quite a bit with MP gaming and late night movie watching.
If this is the sound card that I'm hopeing for I'll be using it on a Maximus V EXTREME Z77 with a pair of ASUS 680 DC2T.
I might get the RAIDR after I hear more about it. I'm doing a Darth Maul Theme so I want it to match but also look and perform great. So Thanks for any help you can give.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.
22 REPLIES 22

AVtemp
Level 10
1.Go and by Phoebus.
2.Recommend it to all your friends.
3.Get angry about all bugs that driver has.
4.Start to post new threads on this forum,asking for NEW,NON-BETA driver.
All that will increase our chances to get new software to get this thing work like it should. 🙂

Read Threads on this forum and only then decide.
I wonder how many ASUS`s employees has Phoebus,guess nobody.

What the F..K is your problem. You need to quit taken that medication that you are on or aleast ask for a lower does. All I'm ask is how they like, love or hate there sound card. I don't have $200 to throw around,
if you do send me yours and I'll test it out. Didn't think so. Just post how you love or hate your Xonar Phoebus. That all that I ask.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

AVtemp
Level 10
Let`s say you have a Ferrari but it can`t go faster than 10 km\hour.
That how it looks like to have Phoebus.
Soundcard has superb specs and dont have good driver.
Is that clear for you?
I`ve already recommended you to read threads,look at the problems you could face as owner of this toy.

AVTemp, Thanks you. That all I ask.

Thanks for the mini review. I just want to hear what people have to say about there Xonar Phoebus. Did you ever get your headset and how did they sound with Phoebus I saw the Vulcan but there getting ready to come out with Orion.

skywalker311 wrote:
Thanks for the mini review. I just want to hear what people have to say about there Xonar Phoebus. Did you ever get your headset and how did they sound with Phoebus I saw the Vulcan but there getting ready to come out with Orion.

No worries and no, unfortunately I have yet to complete my review with a headset as i've found myself contsantly broke to afford some headphones...I was gonna get the Vulcan's myself, but one of the online retailers I buy through doesn't have them any more lol

AVtemp
Level 10

AVtemp
Level 10
I use Phoebus with 2.0 Sennheiser hd215 and sound is great.
No humming or buzzing in Skype also.
If Asus will fix bugs this will be sound card #1.