cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 VBIOS w/ Nvidia GOP

Daredude
Level 7
Hey there,

i wonder how the chances are for a Nvidia GOP compatible VBIOS to come out for my GTX670. I did read somewhere on the web that some manufacturers are sending GOP VBIOSs to users on request. Are there any chances ASUS will do the same for the 600 series Nvidia cards. I really would like to take advantage of a full UEFI compatible system.

Thanks in advance.

Oliver
24 REPLIES 24

Daredude
Level 7
Alright, here's some info i got from Asus support. Apparenty a GOP compatible Vbios exists. At least that is what Asus' email support told me. They are only providing system manufacturers with this Vbios though. What a bummer! I bought this card because of the Directcu II cooling system and because it was branded 'Windows 8' ready... Apparently the card is not so 'Windows 8 ready' at all... Still a fantastic card though, great engineering!

Thomas
Level 10
The issue is that the updated VBIOS can cause issue's with older non-UEFI BIOS'. If we handed it out online then within no time it would be linked to a hundred different places without providing proper warning.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Thomas
Level 10
I will try to help you.

Can you please install 'GPU Tweak' and select the "VBIOS" tab which is located under the "Live Update" section. You will then see a BIOS String, please provide me with that (it will look like GTX680 VB Ver 80.04.09.00.AS11)
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the reply. Please excuse my late answer, I've been busy at work though.

My Vbios String is: GTX670 VB Ver 80.04.31.00.AS04

Of course I understand why ASUS is not providing the compatible VBIOSes as there definitely are "consequences" when using such a Vbios. For power users though it would be nice to use the features those 600 series cards provide.

Thanks again!

Thomas
Level 10
OK, please stand by for an update guys 🙂
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Hi Tomas, I also have (2) of this cards in LSI. Can I also get help with this Vbios update?, I send U this pic to see if U can get the info that U need from here. if U don't then let me know and I will install GPU tweak. TIA Thomas.
"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄

Thomas@Asus wrote:
OK, please stand by for an update guys 🙂

Please also ask for an update for 80.04.19.00.AS03

In my desparate attempts to get ultrafast boot on my Asrock Extreme 4 Z77, I have (sucesfully) tried the UEFI hybrid BIOS from another manufacturer, but have (unsurprisingly) encoutered stability issues when gaming.....

rexbinary
Level 8
Me too! I just bought Win8 but haven't installed it yet. I don't really want to unless I can have fast boot support.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4602) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass

apatch
Level 7
Hi Thomas
I would be also very happy if I could use my GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 with new UEFI and GOP support, my bios is GTX670 VB Ver. 80.04.19.00.AS03 Latest from asus site http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX670DC2T2GD5/#support

80.04.19.00.2B (P2004-0005) (GPU-Z INFO). I'm ready for testing and got no fear. 🙂

In fact I'm already using Ultra Fast Boot in Win 8 on my ASrock Z68E4G3 with beta UEFI 2.31a, Intel i5 2500k HD3000 onboard GPU, GPT formatted SDD and all works great but obviously I cannot use my GTX670 with Ultra Fast Boot.

For testing i got my monitor plugged in with DVI to GTX670 and with DP to Intel HD3000, so for everyday use I boot my Win 7 with Fast Boot enabled (In my case it's monstrously slow, Intel RAID OROM, LSI RAID OROM loading - 1 minute or worse) but when I want to work with Win 8 - I just start "Restart to Uefi" ASrock app in Win 7, then change Fast Boot to Ultra Fast Boot, Onboard GPU to Descrete, save and restart my PC, change input source in my monitor and after few seconds magically Win 8 boots. 😉

So in my case it's Win 7 - 1:45 min loading vs. Win 8 - 0:12 min loading, same hardware with 2SSD, 2RAID0 and many HDDs and additional hardware.