cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best driver for HD 5870

hayri491
Level 7
Hi, I need help as to why this is happening and if it is a graphic card problem, or driver error which driver would you recommend me using I currently have the latest installed.16204
8 REPLIES 8

Level 8
fully remove all AMD software, then try 13.1 or the 13.2 beta (13.2 is faster) and see if that helps
Case - Cooler Master HAF X 942
Motherboard - Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU - AMD FX-8350 ( OC'd @ 4.5GHz)
CPU Cooler - Cooler Master V8
GPU - Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 GHz Edition 6GB
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws Z DDR3 (2x4GB) @ 2400MHz (using XMP #1)
PSU - Cooler Master SilentPower Gold 800
HDD - WD 150GB Raptor & WD 1TB Caviar Green
OS - Win. 7 Ultimate 64 bit

fully remove all AMD software, then try 13.1 or the 13.2 beta (13.2 is faster) and see if that helps

Also it would no not harm to run Driver Sweeper before he install the new driver.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

I think I did, but I will try again since I have the latest updates. Thanks again.

hayri491
Level 7

I currently have 13.1 installed, Would you happen to have a link AvatarOfRevenge as13.2 does not seem to appear on AMD website

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1....

hayri491
Level 7
Update: Problem still exists.

hayri491
Level 7
Update: I have fixed it, with an silly amount of hours of troubleshooting changing all sort of settings, as silly as it may sound I finally fixed it, by simply changing the theme to a win 7 aero theme...Yep all I had to do was put on Aero

Ha, how weird. Thanks for updating us anyway, this information might help someone else in future when they google a similar problem.

hayri491 wrote:
Update: I have fixed it, with an silly amount of hours of troubleshooting changing all sort of settings, as silly as it may sound I finally fixed it, by simply changing the theme to a win 7 aero theme...Yep all I had to do was put on Aero
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK