Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 NVME 500GB
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 951 M.2 PCIe AHCI 512GB
    CPU CoolerNZXT kRAKEN X62
    CaseCOOLERMASTER MAKER 5T
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM850X
    Keyboard LOGITECH K850 WIRELESS BACKLIT
    Mouse LOGITECH M570 TRACKBALL WIRELESS
    Headset 2.4GHz Wireless Headphones with Detachable Mic and Rechargeable Battery
    Mouse Pad LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
    Headset/Speakers VIZIO SOUND BAR, SUBWOOFER AND SURROUND SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    The " PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP FAILED WITH STATUS 0X0000010." error caught my eye since we previously discussed configuring your laptop to capture MiniDumps.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...x000000f4.html came up in the search for this error. I found it interesting in that a 0xF4 BSOD was also reported and no dump file was saved even though the system was configured to do so.

Ultimately, the user resolved all his issues with a low level format of his HDD, even though no errors were being reported by CHKDSK (as in your case). You won't be low level formating your SSD, but you could troubleshoot by removing your SSD, installing Windows 7 to your HDD, and seeing if you can reproduce the lockup or BSOD.
    wow!!! i think you nailed it dstrakele. i loaded win 7 on one of my hdd partitions, and then i removed the ssd, and i've been up for hours since. i haven't had any bsod's, or any lockups. the computer is running very cool, and while it's not as fast as it was on the ssd, it is running flawlessly. so is there anything i do with the ssd to fix it?
    well, this could be a bit premature, as i haven't loaded any third party software yet. i will load things one at a time and see what happens.

i will still test the memory fostert, and report what happens afterwards.
    Last edited by AQUASTEVAE; 02-05-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

If I were in your situation, I'd try flashing the SSD firmware, either an update or a re-flash of the current firmware if an update does not exist. That may be the closest thing to a low level format. Hopefully, more knowledgeable folks can offer better suggestions.

But you are correct. It is premature to claim resolution until you've completed testing with all your 3rd party software installed.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 02-05-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VI EXTREME
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Memory (part number)32gb GSkill FlareX 3200mhzC14
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE 1080 ti EXTREME
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    OS WIN 10 PRO

If I were in your situation, I'd try flashing the SSD firmware, either an update or a re-flash of the current firmware if an update does not exist. That may be the closest thing to a low level format. Hopefully, more knowledgeable folks can offer better suggestions.

But you are correct. It is premature to claim resolution until you've completed testing with all your 3rd party software installed.
    well, i've loaded most of my third party software, and i am on my second day with no bsod or lockups. i think you hit the nail on the head. i will try to reload the firmware with the ssd, and see if it helps.

couple of quick questions. first, is it ok to do the update with the ssd out of the computer on the usb cable that came with it? i'm guessing so, as that is why the cable came with it, but want to make sure.
    second, it says that i have to download the .net 4 update, which i am doing while we speak. anything else i should be aware of?

actually, something just occurred to me. since the instructions were so adamant about having the .net 4 drivers loaded on the system before you can update the firmware, i am wondering if not having .net 4 on the system caused the ssd to have problems? the internet is really screwed up here, and so sometimes windows will go long stretches without updating. and i get caught up in several other events, and forget to do it manually. i wonder if this could have been the problem all along?
    Last edited by AQUASTEVAE; 02-05-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME - 55-inch UHD 4k Display - AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - NZXT Kraken X62 - 7 CoolerMaster/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 32GB GSkill FlareX 3200Mhz DDR4 - Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Samsung 951 M.2 AHCI 512GB - Samsung EVO 840 1TB SSD - Crucial MX100 SATA 3 500GB SSD - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech K350 wireless wave keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 10 Pro Fall Creators Edition

AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    OS WIN 10 PRO

well, the firmware update went very well. i put the drive back into the computer, and ran it straight from one of those windows installations. everything went exactly as the instructions said it would, and it seems to be running very well right now. of course i've only been up and running on the new firmware for a short time, but so far it is extremely fast, and with no problems. i will update after playing on it for the next hour or so to see if i experience any further lockups.

AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    OS WIN 10 PRO

well, been up for quite a while since updating the firmware, and no problems at all. in fact, it just might be because i have been using an os on the hdd for the last day or so, but this thing is really running fast. thank you guys so much for all of the information. i really appreciate it.

btw, has nobody heard anything from brodyboy? he use to be a mainstay on here. where did he go?
    Last edited by AQUASTEVAE; 02-06-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AQUASTEVAE View Post
    btw, has nobody heard anything from brodyboy? he use to be a mainstay on here. where did he go?
    Rumor has it @BrodyBoy was sucked in through his laptop's display into TRON cyberspace. I'm sure you can still reach him with a PM. In fact, I suspect he was at work repairing and optimizing your system from the 'inside'....
    Last edited by dstrakele; 02-06-2013 at 12:56 AM.

AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Rumor has it @BrodyBoy was sucked in through his laptop's display into TRON cyberspace. I'm sure you can still reach him with a PM. In fact, I suspect he was at work repairing and optimizing your system from the 'inside'....
    cool. i'll send him a private message. yeah, this situation had me really scratching my head. lack of experience with ssd's i guess. but it has been running all day now, and no problems at all. i'm back to full go. and the image that i saved from my sys previous to all of this happening loaded back up fine. so i am back to normal. thanks again for all the info!

Youre very welcome - glad to hear things are workin' for you. It was an interesting case, not a lot of diagnostic information to point to a specific problem. In fact, I thought the SSD had been eliminated as a cause when CHKDSK reported no file system errors and SSDLife indicated the drive was healthy.

I think it made a good thread I can refer to others fot general troubleshooting of system lockups and/or BSOD's.

For BSOD's:

1) Use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the BSOD first occurred. OR restore the last stable backup of the system.

2) Use a utility like BlueScreenView to get a history of Bugcheck Codes that occurred on the system.

3) Configure Windows to capture MiniDumps. Configure not to restart in case dump files are not saved. Get analysis of memory dump if one exists.

4) Find Memory Dump information in the Windows System Event Log if necessary. Check Errors and Warnings in the Event Logs for clues to a troubleshooting direction.

5) Confirm file system is sound with CHKDSK. Confirm drive is healthy with a diagnostic utility.

6) Confirm memory is sound with memtest86+.

7) Troubleshoot possible driver conflict cause with selective app uninstallation.

8) Research exact text of error messages for clues to the cause.

9) Boot up to a Linux "LiveCD" distribution to determine if the cause is hardware or Windows software.

For System Lockups:

1) Use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the BSOD first occurred. OR restore the last stable backup of the system.

2) Troubleshoot possible driver conflict cause with selective app uninstallation.

3) Confirm file system is sound with CHKDSK. Confirm drive is healthy with a diagnostic utility.

4) Confirm memory is sound with memtest86+.

5) Check Errors and Warnings in the Event Logs for clues to a troubleshooting direction.

6) Research exact text of error messages for clues to the cause.

7) Boot up to a Linux "LiveCD" distribution to determine if the cause is hardware or Windows software.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 02-06-2013 at 11:48 AM.

AQUASTEVAE PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1700
    Monitor55" UHDR 4K TV
    OS WIN 10 PRO

yes, this is a very useful thread.

and after a few personal messages, i still haven't heard back from brodyboy...

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

Its been a few months since I've seen posts from Brody here...I guess he burned out helping so many people, or maybe just got bored or tired like @JRd1st (who I have not seen on here for almost a year). Too bad...miss them both.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast