Exclamation Need Help with Soundcard

Cheers Buddys,

i have a big problem.

I have an Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z.

I installed my Graphiccard on that PCIE_X16/8_1 slot (because it's best work with one VGA).

My old Soundcard was a PCI card so i can't use that card anymore. So i bought a new Card.

The Problem is, that the card has a PCIE_X1_1 interface. But my Graphiccard need 2 slots so that i can't get on that PCIE_X1_1 slot on the board.

I tried to get it worked with another PCIE slot. In Windows it also install all the drivers, but it doesn't work, because it says it isn't properly connected.

I connected the soundcard now in that PCIE_X4_1 slot.

Is there any chance to get that soundcard worked or to get some settings in BIOS to get it worked.

Please help me.

Edit: I put i pic in there how it looks like, when i got my graphiccard on the right slot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motherboard 1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	17096

Greetings

Goldi
    Last edited by Goldi; 02-13-2013 at 08:00 AM. Reason: update

No one an idea?

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

Hi, Goldi, and welcome to the ROGs.
    Have you looked into the possibility of adding a riser? (if they exist for that particular type of pcie slot)
    Last edited by TenBlade; 02-13-2013 at 03:21 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

The sound card may be faulty, have you tested to see if it works.

You can put your VGA in slot 3 and it will not suffer any loss in performance if you like. That way you can use the PCIe 1 lane.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Problem solved.

I turned of the sound of my motherboard in BIOS. Then i removed the soundcard from the system. I deinstalled all the Creative and Soundblaster programs and drivers. After reboot and shut down, i reinstalled the card at the board (Slot 5). Windows installed the HD Audio driver. Then I installed all of the programs and drivers from my support CD. After reboot and updating the software everything worked. It was just the problem that i had the old drivers on my board from my Xi-Fi X-treme Gamer Soundcard. Sometimes the simple problems are the most difficult problems. xD

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

You are so correct my friend. Many people think that simple means easy it does not.

Well done on problem solving your issue.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.