cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Log: First watercooling build in a white cosmos 2

Kaika
Level 7
Hello everybody! This will be my first post on this forum so i'm a bit new to this.
I've started this build a few months back in 2012 and i'm currently still building it, so i'm a bit slow but i enjoy doing it.
This will be the first modifications that I've done on a case and the first water cooling build for me.
I expect that mistakes will be made (Actually already have been made) and hope to learn a lot from this build. 🙂

Here's a list of the Hardware and components that i'll be using in this build:

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
CPU waterblock: EK Supremacy Nickel-Plexi
RAM: 16GB of Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz (CMT8GX3M2A1866C9)
RAM waterblock: EK-RAM Dominator 4x Plexi
Video cards: MSI GTX680 Lightning 2GB BDDR5 in 2way SLI
Video card waterblock: EK-FC680 Lightning Acetel-Nickel (Sadly not with Plexi)
PSU: Corsair AX850
Chasis: Coolermaster Cosmos 2
Pump: Alphacool D5-VPP655 with a BitsPower D5 Pump top
Radiators: 2x AlphaCool 240mm Radiators and a XSPC 360mm Multiport radiator
Fans: Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (For on the radiators of course 🙂 )
Fan Controller: Lamptron FC6
Reservoir: DangerDen Clear Acrylic Rad-Reservoir (Bought it a few weeks before the company went out of business 😞 )
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750GB and Seagate Barracuda 2TB

And here are the pictures, i haven't taken very much pictures but i'll be taking more in the future.

Before the project started:

Starting the build:

(For some strange reason the forum won't let me upload more images than these three)
31 REPLIES 31

Dinnr
Level 7
Very nice mate, thinking of getting a cosmos 2 myself, haven't got the money though.

Dinnr wrote:
Very nice mate, thinking of getting a cosmos 2 myself, haven't got the money though.

Thanks, it's a very nice case but very heavy! Especially with your hardware built in. So i don't recommend it for LAN-parties lol.
At some parts of the case the plastic is a bit fragile and like on the underside and the rear of the case. Also the rubber grommets break easily if you move your cables a lot through them.

Kaika wrote:
Thanks, it's a very nice case but very heavy! Especially with your hardware built in. So i don't recommend it for LAN-parties lol.
At some parts of the case the plastic is a bit fragile and like on the underside and the rear of the case. Also the rubber grommets break easily if you move your cables a lot through them.

I thought CM's grommets were high quality.

Dinnr wrote:
I thought CM's grommets were high quality.

Their quality is pretty good, But the rubber sadly breaks off sadly if you move your cables a lot through them. 😞

Zka17
Level 16
Do you think that the two 2x240mm rads will handle the heat from that system? With 2x GTX680 you may run short on cooling...

Zka17 wrote:
Do you think that the two 2x240mm rads will handle the heat from that system? With 2x GTX680 you may run short on cooling...

RonanC wrote:
very nice m8, welldone!

my only concern would be the same as zka17, you are on the limits there on that setup with 2x 240s. i would at the very least add 1 additional 120x rad

2x240's and a 360 radiator as well it says 🙂

Otherwise, yes, you would have probably been correct.

Mankz wrote:
2x240's and a 360 radiator as well it says 🙂

Ooops! He really says + a XSPC 360mm Multiport radiator... - sorry, Kalka, somehow I missed it... and thanks, Mankz, to pointing it out...

But then this will be a perfect build! :cool:

RonanC
Level 10
very nice m8, welldone!

my only concern would be the same as zka17, you are on the limits there on that setup with 2x 240s. i would at the very least add 1 additional 120x rad

Kaika
Level 7
Thank you for your awesome replies everyone, and yes i'll be using a 360mm radiator that will be mounted in the top of the case in a push configuration.