Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    Ai Suite might have something to do with messed up CMOS/BIOS settings (like reset CPU Power Settings, Internal PLL override, default Fan control settings in BIOS), but the "CPU multi not kicking in" issue you are observing can happen (less frequently tho) on its own apart from Ai Suite's Fan XPert interaction. Use the Ai Suite cleaner tool or the batch file with ASUS services removal commands, they both do the same thing.

Clearing CMOS usually restores normal working condition as per multi not kicking in properly in OS.

Sorry man, I never use negative offsets, can't help on this one, sorry it's not working right. would you be willing to increase the CPU OC in order to use positive offset instead? at least that works fine
    Would be great but I'm already aiming for 5Ghz with this offset. I know it's stable I could bench at 5.2Ghz on my Gene-Z. The voltage is ridiculously high even with medium LLC. I need 1.44v-1.45v for 5Ghz. While testing the voltage jumps beyond 1.5v :/

Banned Array

which CPU are you using?

I am running 3770K (Ivy Bridge 1155) on MVE and similar voltage ranges, 1.46V for 5.0GHz and around 1.56V for 5.1GHz ... 5.2GHz is kinda out of reach with my cooling LOL, but I was able to complete SuperPI 1.5 at such speed.

Anyways, I used offsets around +0.275 (1.46V) & 75% LLC for 5.0GHz and as much as it was perfectly stable under full load with anything I threw at it, it could still crap out sometimes at very light load slightly above idle (e.g. by pressing a button on some website in browser LOL) ... I tried different combinations of LLC & offsets, tried overvolting it, messing with other voltages and for the life of me I couldn't get this clock to work right 24/7 on offsets.

Banned Array

I think I will give up myself on this BIOS 1604 ... it's pissing me off terribly today ... first the damn wandering stability calling for more and more vcore with every restart at normally stable 5.0GHz clock ... at some point decided to clear CMOS and started fresh (without loading defaults) ... guess what, same problem, way to much vcore needed for stability ... went back to BIOS and Loaded Defaults and voilla! much less vcore needed for stability at 5.0GHz ...

... well, anyways, I had some trouble with new nvidia beta driver and benchmarking under new 3dmark ... 3 restarts later half of the settings in BIOS got reset ... tried setting them back right and they wouldn't hold ... cleared CMOS, loaded defaults and multiplier is stuck at 39x (should be 49x - my daily known good clock) ... done with this BIOS. same crap as 1309, 1408 and 1501.

ROG Enthusiast Array

temporary solution for CPU multi not kicking in properly on newer BIOSes is to install Ai Turbo V component and apply correct multiplier from within OS using Turbo V, that's what I do anyways when I encounter the problem. Just don't ever install Fan Xpert module as it will mess up lots of things (and it will stay this way even after uninstallation of Fan Xpert).
    ^^^ CONFIRM ^^^^

...per my earlier post and multiplier savings all of a sudden having gone away, I uninstalled AI Suite (without using the 'cleaner') and then reinstalled only Digi+ and TurboV...now works like a charrm...multiplier settings are back and work...not sure which of the other pieces of AI Suite I left off was the culprit, but I suspect it was Fan-xpert

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think that due to the extra software control over bios (like ai suite) , when system crashes during various oc attempts , maybe the crashes corrupt some critical software data and causes the various bios issues .
    For example , during my oc attempts , even CPUZ started showing wrong frequency . I could even validate cpuz showing 5ghz at 1.07v .must be some kind of software corruption.

Currently i'm stable at 5g with 0257 bios ,32g ram at 1600mhz , with fresh windows install .
    Maybe later ill try 1604 bios with the same settings and fresh sys instal .

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

I have further prof that FanExpert may be causing this bug.

1º time ive seen the bug was afther ive monted a new cpu fan and got low cpu fan warning, afther that warning i went onto the bios and lowerd the warning to 200rpm rebooted and got the multi stuck bug.

Now ive removed AI suite using the AI suite remover tool and tested this out again by reseting cmos and loading defaults. Got the fan warning again gone to bio lowerd the warning rpm to 200 rebooted and voila no eist stuck bug.

Going to keep testing stuff now and playing with the oc´s ill report back if something happens again.

Iam realy dissapoited that no one from Asus has come to help on this thread tho. I thougt Asus Rog would have a beter suport staff on this forums, or maybe they are on vacations ?

Banned Array

I have the multi getting stuck problem even without Fan XPert (after AI Suite cleaner), but the thing is that every time after Clear CMOS I manually adjust fan speeds for CPU FAN (switching to manual mode and raising min Temp and Duty Cycle to 40 from 20) and Chassis Fan3 (I disable control of this so it runs at 100% at all times) ... possibly maybe those options are corrupted in BIOS and hence why using Fan Xpert actually causes such a big problem in first place?

check this thread and you will see that even AIDA64 may cause serious board trouble on electrical level (shutdown or restart with no BSOD) when Fan Xpert was present in OS and never cleaned properly:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

... that would mean that BIOS is bugged since 1309 on MVE ... precisely the release which introduced ROG Exchange...

Its still getting stuck :/

Cmons Asus please help.

Banned Array

go back to 704 BIOS for now, this one works normally ...

I have the multi getting stuck problem even without Fan XPert (after AI Suite cleaner), but the thing is that every time after Clear CMOS I manually adjust fan speeds for CPU FAN (switching to manual mode and raising min Temp and Duty Cycle to 40 from 20) and Chassis Fan3 (I disable control of this so it runs at 100% at all times) ... possibly maybe those options are corrupted in BIOS and hence why using Fan Xpert actually causes such a big problem in first place?

check this thread and you will see that even AIDA64 may cause serious board trouble on electrical level (shutdown or restart with no BSOD) when Fan Xpert was present in OS and never cleaned properly:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

... that would mean that BIOS is bugged since 1309 on MVE ... precisely the release which introduced ROG Exchange...

Would like to say that its not just the MVE with this problem iam on a MVG just to clarify things. I could just go back to 0704 bios but iam getting Windows 8 and i gess its going to be a mess with it isnt it ?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast