Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by sstephan View Post
    i'm curious if you updated to the latest ME firmware ?
    yes, I did, 8.1 ME, but there is no problem on BIOS 704 (I keep it as BIOS2) and all the mess started with 1309 and up.

ROG Member Array

Hello guys,
    I could almost say that I would try to update my (now 1501), I have nothing AMD, but Asus nVidia Video GTX660TI .. but 'as always I'm always afraid of having problems. Since it 's always a thing to do with great care and only in case of problems.
    I recommend to those who upgrade to wait three months before, for any error corrections.
    good day to all.

Banned Array

... so ... UEFI boot mode is not fully immune to occasional CPU multi reset in BIOS (along with Internal PLL override, CPu Power settings like C-states, Fan control settings) ... funny that even at AUTO multi it was still reporting 4.9GHz in Windows - CPU voltage offset stayed intact so it was stable, but I was surprised because Internal PLL was disabled ...

however it still happens less frequently with UEFI mode, with Legacy Boot mode those quirks are instant.

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

Its Done it again turbo multiplier doesnt work on bios its stuck at x39, do i have to hask for a RMA ? The product isnt clearly working has intended.

Help please.

Ive managed to reproduce this eist getting stuck issue very easly.

Ive saved 2 profiles one at stock and one at x42 multiplier

Afther ive clear cmos to get eist functioning again if i load any of the profiles eist get stuck either multiplier doesnt work and remains at stock or remanis at x42 forever untill the cmos is cleard again.

Now what are we suposed to do? iam on latest bios and Windows 7 64

ROG Enthusiast Array

before updating my bios i had no issues , i'll try to return to the original bios 0257 on my board and see if it works better .

Banned Array

yup, it seems like the multiplier gets stuck, but it is related closely to values it was at before the last one, just as you noticed.

I wouldn't use 257 personally, it's kinda old ... 704 is the last one which works fine and I switch back to it using the BIOS selector button on MB (at standby power) to toggle between BIOS1 (1604) vs BIOS2 (704).

My Maximus V gene doesnt have dual bios does it ?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array red454 PC Specs
    red454 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme BIOS 4101
    Processor6950X
    Memory (part number)32GB - G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2070 Super
    MonitorViotek 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Nepton 280L
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplyDARK POWER PRO 11 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G19S
    Mouse Logitech G600
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterLinksys EA9500
    Accessory #1 FreeNAS Server with 8TB

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwolfskins View Post
    My Maximus V gene doesnt have dual bios does it ?
    No. And my Formula doesn't either. Only the Extreme.
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by sstephan View Post
    well ,i guess this happens with all bios versions then . (btw , no ati drivers on mine)
    strange that it shows correct settings during post screen , and then the multi gets stuck .

so no real solution for this ,as of today .
    ...similar story here with a new Maximus V Extreme...everything worked fine, including BIOS update to 1805 - and then I accidentally hit 'GPU Up' - since then, things went a bit haywire re multiplier settings in AI Suite...even reinstalling AI suite did not help (now I unload it after booting)

My solution: as my 3770K runs great with relatively low volt (5 GHz at 1.386v), choose 40 as the multiplier in the Bios to get lower v's, then use Intel's excellent 'Extreme Tuning Utility' to bump up the multiplier to 50, along with the appropriate v boost.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast