Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I use watercooling and have all the fan options set to disabled, so I don't think it's that, because one of the things that 'resets' in the BIOS when this bug happens, is the fan settings, they all get turned back on to default after I disabled them all.

Banned Array

Actually touching fan settings in BIOS might be contributing to the bug IF that part of BIOS programming is in deed a problem ... however I made a test and was running my system straight from Optimized Defaults with "only" CPU/MEM/Digi+ OC applied, no fan control changes, no fan expert installed (Ai services were cleaned before) ... the CPU multiplier bug happened after a few days when I simply restarted my system, multiplier got stuck at stock turbo 39x while it should have been 49x.
    was also able to replicate same problem (with altered fan settings in BIOS however) when not running Ai Suite at all (and ASUS services removed completely).

I agree that failed CPU OC (unstable vcore mostly) contributes fast to bug re-appearing after restart.

I also confirm that problem doesn't exist in pre-"ROG Exchange" BIOS revisions (704 for MVE).

Banned Array

again, straight from Clear CMOS, Loaded Optimized Defaults and set my daily OC settings on cpu+mem+digi+, adjusted cpu fan (for PWM sakes only, I don't use that fan, but my fan controller does sense PWM).

all voltages set correctly, memory runs 2400MHz and yet the max CPU multiplier in Windows is 39x instead of 49x.

ROG Enthusiast Array

i also think touching fan settins contribute to the issue . sometimes only my fan settings reset to stock , the multiplier and the rest continues to work properly . i dont use ai suite on fresh win7 instal .
    can somebody try to change only the fan settings while at stock clocks and everything else , restart the system few times /power off/on etc , to see if the fan settings reset after while ? i'm not home , so not able to test this .

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by sstephan View Post
    i also think touching fan settins contribute to the issue . sometimes only my fan settings reset to stock , the multiplier and the rest continues to work properly . i dont use ai suite on fresh win7 instal .
    can somebody try to change only the fan settings while at stock clocks and everything else , restart the system few times /power off/on etc , to see if the fan settings reset after while ? i'm not home , so not able to test this .
    yeah, I did that test once and result was same. not sure if that is a strong confirmation or another random occurrence, but it happened regardless. don't ask me to test it again, because I hate running stock clocks, I'm allergic to it ...

Super Moderator Array

i will try the fan pwm, setting all disabled - although some are saying they never touched that.
    and try an unstable oc.
    and i presume you guys are with discrete graphics?

Super Moderator Array

ok managed to replicate by switching bclk back and forth, will update

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Thank you Peter for taking the time to help out here. Much appreciated.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

Hello, for me one easy way to reproduce the bug is to unplug cpu fan, reboot gets fan error go to bios and disable the warning, save settings and reboot.

Cpu multi drops to default and cant change it anymore untill clr cmos.
    -= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC
    AMD R7 3800X
    GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB
    SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB
    CORSAIR RM650i

Super Moderator Array

problem has been fixed
    please wait a short while for the bioses to go thru the 'AHQL' process

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast