Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

It doesn't seem so much of an actual problem with, but more of a case of a group of settings not being applied in a safe order.

And since learning the hardware sweet-spot is usually something done over several smalls steps, it's only after returning the stock board to previous tight settings that the instability appears.

With my MVG, I've found the easiest way to deal with it is to keep several configs to apply after a boot fail, according to their apparent importance to the overall system stability.

Quote Originally Posted by fommof View Post
    Aaaaaargggg...happened again and this time it was worse...settings wouldn't actually saved, messy multy etc...i had to re-flash the bios (clear cmos, re-flash, clear cmos, just in case)....
    And it happened AGAIN...guys, any chance to see a new bios any time soon? I have just completed all my stability tests for 4 frequencies (4.7, 4.8 and 5Ghz being the most important) so i wouldn't like to try any older bios versions...

Come on, this mobo puts my old P8P67 evo to shame, have being owning asus (and ONLY asus) mobos 13 years now, this is the first time i have to deal with such probs...

ROG Enthusiast Array Essenbe PC Specs
    Essenbe PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Apex
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G Skill Trident DDR4-3200C14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW 3
    Storage #1Samsung 960 M.2 500 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySeasonic 1050 Watts
    Keyboard Logitech G510S
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad EVGA
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 Too much Hardware- Need to sell something

Just from reading these posts, it seems that the problem manifests itself in a lot of different ways. It seems there are different problems encountered and different 'work arounds. My MVE worked fine and I could change almost anything with no problem as long as my CPU Vcore was set to Manual. Once I set it to offset, that was it and the changes would save in bios, but would not transfer to the OS. Resetting to defaults or clearing CMOS did absolutely nothing to help. The only recourse I had was flashing the bios again. If I flashed the bios again, everything worked fine unti I set it to offset. That was the trigger with my problem. I RMA'd the board twice, and am running bios version 0257 now, and have not fully tested it, but there has been no sign of any type problems. I'm still waiting for the new bios to show that it's fixed before I flash it again.
    Maximus X Apex-16GB DDR4-Trident 3200C14-EVGA 1080 TI FTW3-500 GB M.2 Samsung Evo-Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB-2X Samsung 850 SSD 500GB-Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

ROG Member Array

This is ridiculous. It's been almost a month since "problem has been fixed" and still nothing else, not even a word telling it's taking a while to iron out, etc......I'm selling my board and getting a gigabye up7. Problem SOLVED.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I'd like to know if this new release is likely to fix the problems I've been having too:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

No word back from HiVizMan yet

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

Been almost a month and no bios yet. Big failiure by Asus. Iam currently writing a good representative email about this to all the reviewers out there so maybe it gets some media attencion, Asus Premium MB´s do not get any support.
    -= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC
    AMD R7 3800X
    GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB
    SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB
    CORSAIR RM650i

New ROGer Array

I just want to chime in and say that I also experience this issue, and it's frustrating as hell.

I just got done putting an Antec 620 (cpu water cooler) on my CPU, and I was ready and excited to start overclocking.

It wasn't long before I realized that my multiplier changes weren't being reflected in CPU-Z. I am brand new to overclocking, but I quickly realized that something was not right.

My voltage changes DO reflect correctly in CPU-Z, but any multiplier changes do not.

Clearing the CMOS and loading "optimized defaults" seems to let me set the multiplier again, but only once. After that, Ai Overclock Tuner changes back to "Auto" and any further changes I make to the multiplier are NOT reflected in CPU-Z.

After reading through this thread, it appears that a new bios is in the works which fixes the issue, but it has been over two weeks since we've heard anything.

Is there anyone from ASUS who can perhaps give an ETA to the fix so I know whether or not I need to sell my board?

In the meantime, can I roll back to an earlier bios version to "fix" the problem? Which version would that be?

p.s. - I have a P8Z77-V Pro running the most recent bios revision - 1805.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

BIOSes will be passed into qtc next week.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    thanks for an update on this one Raja.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    What's qtc? Does that mean we can get it next week? Or another delay? I can't even get over stock anymore, so fed up with this. 400dollar motherboard and i can't even overclock with it? Why don't i just get a biostar or foxconn board? Im not sorry for being angry, this has been going on for WAY too long, and you guys don't even seem to care........

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast