Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by snowking7 View Post
    ...similar story here with a new Maximus V Extreme...everything worked fine, including BIOS update to 1805 - and then I accidentally hit 'GPU Up' - since then, things went a bit haywire re multiplier settings in AI Suite...even reinstalling AI suite did not help (now I unload it after booting)

My solution: as my 3770K runs great with relatively low volt (5 GHz at 1.386v), choose 40 as the multiplier in the Bios to get lower v's, then use Intel's excellent 'Extreme Tuning Utility' to bump up the multiplier to 50, along with the appropriate v boost.
    there's a 1805 bios?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Red face

re ripsaw... there's a 1805 bios?

ooops, right you are...my mistake ...I had just posted about a similar problem with my Sabertooth Z77 board and Bios 1805 which has been giving lots of folks there some headaches

...for the Maximus V Extreme, I upgraded to BIOS 1604 and had the described problems re. multipliers, with the (hopefully temporary) solutions I mentioned via Intel Extreme Tuning utility

i've had the same problem with my Maximus V Forula, after updating Bios from 0502 to 1309 my MB setting went crazy.i could change the multi and BCLK in bios but it didn't take any effect in OS, the Multi was stuck at x37 and the BCLK on x97,no matter what i did , didn't help. then i updaded to 1604 and i didn't BOOT at all, i've tryed everything to BOOT it nothing,the fans starded for a sec. then the MB turned off and went on and off and on, weited like 5 min still nothing it was going on and off constantly. first i changed my PSU, meybe it dided. with new PSU still the same problem, removed all my parts from the MB still the same on and off, no signal from the bios, so i decides to RMA my MB, still waitin. i've RMA on 25.01.2013.
    hope u all work u'rs out and won't have to RMA.
    Last edited by ph4ntom; 02-02-2013 at 06:00 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

its strange that no asus rep will chime in to help solve this issue .
    its a serious problem with a top of the line motherboard , come on asus .

ROG Member Array

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sstephan View Post
    its strange that no asus rep will chime in to help solve this issue .
    Its a serious problem with a top of the line motherboard , come on asus .
    ^^^this^^^

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

Please can someone from Asus tell us what to do or should we just rma the Board ?

ROG Enthusiast Array Essenbe PC Specs
    Essenbe PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Apex
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G Skill Trident DDR4-3200C14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW 3
    Storage #1Samsung 960 M.2 500 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySeasonic 1050 Watts
    Keyboard Logitech G510S
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad EVGA
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 Too much Hardware- Need to sell something

I had the same problem with my MVE. Changing multiplier saved the values in bios, but not in OS. CLR CMOS had no affect. I had to re flash to be able to make any changes. I RMA'd the board, and Asus did nothing. It came back with defaults in bios, but 4.5 in the OS, exactly the same as when I sent it in. I did an advance RMA for a new board. Now, the ram will only run in single Chanel mode. Any stick in either B slot gives code 55 (no ram installed) I can run with 2 sticks in the A slots though. There are no bent pins. I guess I am going to have to RMA this too. What's going on with Asus top of the line boards? These things should not be happening. I'm sure they will not be happy to hear from me. But, I'm not very happy either.

Also CPUz will not show the EIST frquency. It shows the multiplier values, but does show the correct voltage. I am not to concerned about that as I know when the voltage drops that the frequeny does too.
    Last edited by Essenbe; 02-03-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Maximus X Apex-16GB DDR4-Trident 3200C14-EVGA 1080 TI FTW3-500 GB M.2 Samsung Evo-Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB-2X Samsung 850 SSD 500GB-Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Banned Array

temporary solution for CPU multi not kicking in properly on newer BIOSes is to install Ai Turbo V component and apply correct multiplier from within OS using Turbo V, that's what I do anyways when I encounter the problem. Just don't ever install Fan Xpert module as it will mess up lots of things (and it will stay this way even after uninstallation of Fan Xpert).

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    temporary solution for CPU multi not kicking in properly on newer BIOSes is to install Ai Turbo V component and apply correct multiplier from within OS using Turbo V, that's what I do anyways when I encounter the problem. Just don't ever install Fan Xpert module as it will mess up lots of things (and it will stay this way even after uninstallation of Fan Xpert).
    I have it installed atm, if its down to that ill unisntall it but losing the way to control my fans is realy awfull :/

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwolfskins View Post
    I have it installed atm, if its down to that ill unisntall it but losing the way to control my fans is realy awfull :/
    Fan Xpert module is broken IMHO and uninstalling it doesn't fix the problems it causes in first place (could be unrelated to whatever you have). you'd need to uninstall the whole Ai Suite completely and then run Ai Suite cleaner.

refer to this thread and you will know what Fan Xpert is capable of messing with:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast