Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    Fan Xpert module is broken IMHO and uninstalling it doesn't fix the problems it causes in first place (could be unrelated to whatever you have). you'd need to uninstall the whole Ai Suite completely and then run Ai Suite cleaner.

refer to this thread and you will know what Fan Xpert is capable of messing with:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

So if i uninstall AI suite and then run the cleaner can i then start using Aida 64 to replace Probe ?

Btw iam using WIn 7 64.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwolfskins View Post
    So if i uninstall AI suite and then run the cleaner can i then start using Aida 64 to replace Probe ?

Btw iam using WIn 7 64.
    yes, that's correct.

or after the procedure you can re-install Ai Suite without Fan Xpert and it will be fine as well. I have both now (Ai Suite without Fan Xpert) and AIDA64 and I use them interchangeably. Turbo V and Digi+ are handy sometimes.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is anyone having problems setting offset voltages? I had a rock solid profile on my GENE-Z I have been trying a similar profile on my new GENE-V.

I can't boot in to Windows with any negative offset. Even -0.005v causes the system to crash at the Windows start up/splash screen.

ROG Enthusiast Array Essenbe PC Specs
    Essenbe PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Apex
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G Skill Trident DDR4-3200C14
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW 3
    Storage #1Samsung 960 M.2 500 GB
    Storage #2Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySeasonic 1050 Watts
    Keyboard Logitech G510S
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Mouse Pad EVGA
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro
    Accessory #1 Too much Hardware- Need to sell something

I don't know about not being able to set negative offset. I suspect it has to do wilt your LLC settings.

But with the BIOS not accepting different settings, it could have been Fan Expert. I did have it installed, but it seemed to have something to do with CPU offset voltage. As long as I left mine on manual voltage, I had no trouble changing anything. But, once I set it to offset, no other values would affect the operation of the OS. I could lower or increase the offset voltage, but any other setting would save in BIOS but would not affect the OS.
    Last edited by Essenbe; 02-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Maximus X Apex-16GB DDR4-Trident 3200C14-EVGA 1080 TI FTW3-500 GB M.2 Samsung Evo-Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB-2X Samsung 850 SSD 500GB-Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Each motherboard will have its own settings that work. You can not transfer them across as a rule. Simply because how each board delivers power to the CPU is different. Suggest you start from scratch and work out what works best for your current system. Forget what was working before.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Banned Array

i'm using offsets from 4.7GHz up to 4.9GHz on 3770K + MVE, but they are positive, no problems here.
    never used negative ones ... and also offsets do not work for me entirely right at 5.0GHz+ (light load crash happens occasionally).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks guys. I removed the AI Suite last night via add/remove but I haven't used the stickied removal method yet. Could it be something to do with that?

I had to clear CMOS last night as I started getting the problem others have commented on. Would apply clock settings in the BIOS but the CPU would sit at default clocks while in Windows.

I can't figure out why I can't reduce my offset volts. The + works fine but obviously the voltage is already too high so I need to use a - offset. Again all this does even at -0.005v is crash my PC during Windows startup.

Banned Array

Ai Suite might have something to do with messed up CMOS/BIOS settings (like reset CPU Power Settings, Internal PLL override, default Fan control settings in BIOS), but the "CPU multi not kicking in" issue you are observing can happen (less frequently tho) on its own apart from Ai Suite's Fan XPert interaction. Use the Ai Suite cleaner tool or the batch file with ASUS services removal commands, they both do the same thing.

Clearing CMOS usually restores normal working condition as per multi not kicking in properly in OS.

Sorry man, I never use negative offsets, can't help on this one, sorry it's not working right. would you be willing to increase the CPU OC in order to use positive offset instead? at least that works fine

ROG Enthusiast Array

the multiplier locking was unbearable , so i'm back to 0257 bios on my 2nd chip.
    now running stable @5ghz . no multiplier locking when tryed to reach stability .
    i didnt change the multi much , so i'm not 100% sure the multiplier locking does not occur with 0257 bios , but so far had no issues .

does anybody know what exactly the new crappy bioses offer for win8?
    i'm going to instal win8 , but wont use this 1604 junk . so what do i loose ?

Banned Array

can understand you very well. I found 704 BIOS working OK on MVE as the last one before "stability improvements". that's what I fallback to (BIOS2) when I want to re-check things. 1604 is not bad, actually the best out of all new ones, save for this darn multi locked bug, clearing CMOS fixes it for a while, but when you switch between overclocks often then it will return at some point.

no idea what they changed, but obviously they introduced a bug, either in reference Intel BIOS or in the ASUS revision (based on reference). they do not publish details and keep their mouths full on this one.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast