CORSAIR RM650i

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwolfskins View Post
    How can i contact them directly ?
    You can try contacting them via phone http://www.asus.com/support/Hotline/
    I tried that - no luck for Ukraine.
    Next try will be http://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/TechQuery
    And last online option is http://vip.asus.com/VIP2/Services/complain
    If all above fails - I'll contact them with snail-mail (with delivery notification).

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Chinese new year so won't be a response on this until HQ gets back from their break. In the meantime, use an earlier build, or reduce your overclock to a point where this does not happen if you must use the latest UEFI build. Either corrupt ME (could be a variety of reasons for that), or some strange instability with some of the newer MRC updates (not much we can do about that unless Intel make changes).

You can also contact your local ASUS service if you wish.

On a sidenote, voltage levels required for stability can change with PCU updates or updated MRC. You should always re-tune an OC after a UEFI update.

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post

check this thread and you will see that even AIDA64 may cause serious board trouble on electrical level (shutdown or restart with no BSOD) when Fan Xpert was present in OS and never cleaned properly:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

... that would mean that BIOS is bugged since 1309 on MVE ... precisely the release which introduced ROG Exchange...

I told you in your thread (in my first few responses in fact) that some AI suite modules don't work well with AIDA reporting. This has been known for some time (way before these BIOSes that you had issue with). What caused your issues were that you had modules sitting behind from a previous install of AI suite. I did ask if you had AI suite installed, and you said no. You did not mention you had it installed previously until later in the thread - neither of us were to know you had modules sitting on the system. Removal of those modules fixed it. The removal tool was posted lest this happens to others.

All that happens is when there is a polling conflict, if the CPU fan is reported at 0 RPM the system will shutdown. HQ are not going to open up polling fully to third parties, so it's one or the other I'm afraid. The fact you have it on some BIOSes and not others will not really be a factor in this decision (AIDA gets updated also, which is something to consider). Plus, it's system wide between AIDA and AI suite, you getting it on a certain UEFI is not really that relevant as I've encountered this before and the only thing I can suggest is not to use both tools at the same time (services not being deleted withstanding).

I don't make excuses. If something is not going to change all I can do is tell you why it may happen or what you can do to avoid it. You may still want it fixed regardless - there's nothing I can do in these instances to sort things out. All I can suggest is you contact ASUS Support or find a workaround that avoids the issue. It is after all the only thing left for me to suggest so that you can work with your system, even if it is not ideal.

There is an expectancy among us all that every new UEFI update should be an unconditional improvement for everyone. Things don't always work that way, even when there are no "bugs" per se, as there are some updates that patch how memory or other buses are trained. When that does not sit well with a given set of parts at an overclocked frequency, the only option you have if you want that same overclock is to either tune it (can take lots of time), increase voltages or if those don't work you need to use the older BIOS. This is no excuse and it bothers me that you are posting here making out this is some kind of subterfuge on my part. It is actually what happens, and that's a fact whether you choose to believe me or not.

Granted there are other things that can happen in an update, and those are bugs from our end. In those cases a patch can only be made if the bug is replicated. HiVizman has told you he has forwarded the case to HQ, so you will have to wait for him.

PS. Once I have given info in a thread, it's up to the user if they want to accept. If they don't, there's not much I can do, so I try to help others with non-responded cases. On top of that, I don't work in support at all, so my time is limited and I respond if I can help with something. I can't devote all of my time to everyone's issues or support problems, that's up to the support guys we have here (Hivizman, Sukara and Mike_Lu) or the local support teams via ASUS support for your region. Sorry if that bothers y'all

-Raja

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Chinese new year so won't be a response on this until HQ gets back from their break. In the meantime, use an earlier build, or reduce your overclock to a point where this does not happen if you must use the latest UEFI build. Either corrupt ME (could be a variety of reasons for that), or some strange instability with some of the newer MRC updates (not much we can do about that unless Intel make changes).

You can also contact your local ASUS service if you wish.

On a sidenote, voltage levels required for stability can change with PCU updates or updated MRC. You should always re-tune an OC after a UEFI update.

thanks for replying Raja .
    i never complained abot OC stability , or higher voltages needed for same oc with new bios or anything like that .
    the issue is - multiplier gets stuck .
    it might get stuck at 50 .so i go to bios , lower my clock to stock (or load bios defaults) , save setting ...and once windows boots , the system crashes , why ? because all the bios setting went back to stock except the multiplier , which still stuck at 50 .
    now i'm stable at 5g , and dont tweak the system no more .
    but when i was tweaking / testing , i had the multiplier stuck issue every once in a while .
    only cmos reset solves this .
    happy holidays

There a re a variety of reasons why it can happen. Multipliers getting stuck is normally some kind of ME issue. ME issues are usually due to instability - however small or however it manifests. Some things can be patched, while others may need an update from Intel.

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    There a re a variety of reasons why it can happen. Multipliers getting stuck is normally some kind of ME issue. ME issues are usually due to instability - however small or however it manifests. Some things can be patched, while others may need an update from Intel.
    Thanks for jumping in to help Raja hopefully we might be able to fix this issue soon.

Also would like to hask how can i check my ME firmware version?
    -= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC
    AMD R7 3800X
    GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB
    SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB
    CORSAIR RM650i

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array red454 PC Specs
    red454 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme BIOS 4101
    Processor6950X
    Memory (part number)32GB - G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK
    Graphics Card #1MSI 2070 Super
    MonitorViotek 34"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Nepton 280L
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplyDARK POWER PRO 11 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G19S
    Mouse Logitech G600
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterLinksys EA9500
    Accessory #1 FreeNAS Server with 8TB

Forgive my ignorance - but what do MRC and ME stand for?
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

ROG Enthusiast Array Jackwolfskins's Avatar

I dont know MRC stands for but ME is intel management Engine - Theres a update for my Board but it wont install for me i cant remenber if i updated it on 1º day board usage.
    -= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC
    AMD R7 3800X
    GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB
    SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB
    CORSAIR RM650i

like Jackwolfskins said or similar
    I dont know MRC stands for but ME is intel management Engine
    =Management Engine Interface > i think i couldn't install that driver on my MB, CPU istalled. my MB was MVF and CPU 3770K, at this point i'm using my old
    Q6600 and Asus p5q 'cause my MB is at RMA processed.my BCLK was sowing 0 at AL Suite ,BCLK in CPU-Z was 97 and after updating bios to 1604 couldn't boot aat all.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast