cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 performance drop when unplugged?

accordion2214
Level 7
I am a total noob when it comes to computers so I apologize in advance if the answer to this is obvious. When I unplug my g75vw the performance of my computer drops sooooo low, like 3 fps on games like lol. Any help would be appreciated as at the moment it's basically a desktop cos I have to stay chained to the wall! Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

r33fd
Level 7
I've seen the same problem and send the laptop back to asus for repairs . I will keep you up to date with what will heppen.

r33fd wrote:
I've seen the same problem and send the laptop back to asus for repairs . I will keep you up to date with what will heppen.

There was no need to RMA this dude, did you do a "Google search" on this before you acted on this?
I just can't believe "customer support" issued you a RMA for this!!!!

PS: Hope all works out!!!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

If all nvidia 600m series can't perform well on battery then why g55/g75vx laptops can play games on battery with no problem at all ?

AzraelsKiss
Level 10
Per many, many threads and posts on this forum, the system is not designed to run graphic intensive applications while on battery. The video card would require so much battery while running these apps, that not only would it not be able to run for very long at all, but there may not even be enough juice to keep the system running in a stable manner. Applications that are not graphic intensive can still be used while on battery and the system is still portable, but to properly use the hardware on the video card, the system must be plugged in.
~Azrael's Kiss~

Buildin' my post count one post at a time...

Vod
Level 7
I was coming here to ask the exact same question. I figured as much though that the battery isn't strong enough to power my games while unplugged.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
accordion2214 wrote:
I am a total noob when it comes to computers so I apologize in advance if the answer to this is obvious. When I unplug my g75vw the performance of my computer drops sooooo low, like 3 fps on games like lol. Any help would be appreciated as at the moment it's basically a desktop cos I have to stay chained to the wall! Thanks

This is very "normal" , and really not a issue!
You need more then battery power to run most games, or any graphic intensive programs.
I would not worry about this, no need to "RMA' for this is not a real issue!

Here's another thread on this>>>>>
Playing games in battery mode

GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Pitcher1
Level 9
remove adapter, it drop down half performance.

r33fd
Level 7
Half performance would be ok but g75vw when unplugged can't play games at all. I only get about 10 fps !:(

rewben
Level 13
@r33fd, g-series are gaming laptops:

1. they include high-powered gpus. these gpus need more power than a battery can provide to perform optimally.
2. it's a laptop. the inherited power saving features will kick in when it's on battery.

maybe i am wrong, but i am not aware of a gaming laptop that can play resource-intensive games for hours without plugged in to an external power source.