cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Win8 Pro on new ssd with properly configured UEFI bios ???

europn
Level 7
i apologize if it was discussed before, but i didnt find anything thru searching the forums ... to fix my problem
I got a G75VX that had a bad HDD. I upgrade to an SSD, but i have issues figuring out how to properly install WIN 8 on it.
If someone has a guide or anything on how to install and configure UEFI properly - it will be appreciated by probably a lot of us.
7 REPLIES 7

dclanz
Level 10
I'm in the same boat with an ASUS G46VW and spanking new SSD. I've been reading here: http://goo.gl/vRM9n and here : http://goo.gl/6ZVqR.
My problem is that I'd like to create the discs, then swap out the hdd for ssd and then use the discs to put it back, but not sure if that will work. If possible, it would be best to clone the hdd to the ssd and this maintain all the partitions, etc.

This is NOT how you install Windows 8 with UEFI bios but windows 8 using legacy bios.

rewben
Level 13
europn wrote:
i apologize if it was discussed before, but i didnt find anything thru searching the forums ... to fix my problem
I got a G75VX that had a bad HDD. I upgrade to an SSD, but i have issues figuring out how to properly install WIN 8 on it.
If someone has a guide or anything on how to install and configure UEFI properly - it will be appreciated by probably a lot of us.

in your bios:
1. disable secure boot control;
2. enable launch csm;
3. disable fastboot.

if you have a w8 pro install disc, you will need to do this.

make sure your ssd is the only disk in your laptop to avoid all confusions.

rewben wrote:
in your bios:
1. disable secure boot control;
2. enable launch csm;
3. disable fastboot.

I will keep this safe here.:D
G75VW-BHI7N07: i7-3630QM * 32Gb ram Crucial * Windows damn 8 PRO
Kingston HyperX 3K 120 SSD + 1TB hdd (sad 5400 rpm)

imile
Level 7
Hi,

If you want to install WIndows 8 with UEFI settings, then you should:
1. download windows 8 64 bit from tech-net.
2. I used fat32 formated usb drive >4gb and copied content from iso on the usb.
3. Make sure secure boot is enabled in bios and afterward boot from the UEFI usb.
4. In windows setup delete all partitions on the disk you are installing and let setup create needed partitions.
Rest is easy since your windows cd key is in your bios.

Also i suggest to avoid confusion do disconnect additional HDD.

Pitcher1
Level 9
search in ROG, clean install guide, it is more clear.

Paulovrv
Level 8
Since the last week there is something wrong with our search tool here. I cannot finding anything. Looked for a clean install guide and it shows me strange threads.
G75VW-BHI7N07: i7-3630QM * 32Gb ram Crucial * Windows damn 8 PRO
Kingston HyperX 3K 120 SSD + 1TB hdd (sad 5400 rpm)