Banned Array

Exclamation help with lan file sharing and multiple network cards .

i have 2 computers : a sabertooth x79 running win8 enterprise and a tyan s7025 : that is a dual cpu with a dual integrated network card , is running xp x64 . i am using only one of the two network cards and it is connected to a router 10/100 . the router also has the sabertooth plugged
    i recently updated my networks cards drivers and set the tyan network card to turn off for sparing energy .

these last two days , i had a lot of problems with the tyan that was having a lot of disconnections even when it was sending few kb/s .
    so i decided to use the second plug , thinking that the first one was near its end , but my troubles where the same . despite the bandwidth was a bit better .
    in fact all the disconnection were coming from the "energy sparing" .

here comes the point that cause me BIG TROUBLE .
    i share files using windows file sharing and removed all the security or logging and even both firewall are off.
    during the time where i was using the second card of the tyan , the sabertooth was unable to connect to the tyan drives share .
    i changed the ip to be different or the same as the first card but it changed nothing .
    win xp x64 has always be able to connect to the share of win8 x64

i plugged back to the first network card and the share are usable again .
    does anyone knows how to "clean" or " reset " this mac address security ?
    is anyone able to test if they have it too with others win8 ?

M$ is really a piece of garbage with all that **** of security . it really goes outside the rules of network and computing .

i complain those who are obliged to be M$-friend ;'[

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Did you already upgrade the motherboard latest version bios and lan driver?

SABERTOOTH X79 BIOS 3305
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...-ASUS-3305.zip

Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V17.2.0.0 for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...staWinn7_8.zip

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Quick question, are your NIC's configured to Full or Half Duplex?

Banned Array

i downloaded latest driver from intel : the 17.4 or even the 18 on both pc before enabling file sharing and drives shares , the 18 is at : http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...apter&lang=eng

the 2 pcs are connected to a dlink dsl-2542b router that have latest firmware 1.23 , the speed is 100 full duplex .
    it is connected with a twisted cable to the modem of my provider that has a tv box . my provider is sfr.fr

i tested with 3 cables , during an afternoon ; and during two or three days with the second network card plugged .
    nearly a week after disabling the "power sparing" of the win xp x64 , i did not have any disconnections

the sabertooth is having latest bios .

today or tomorrow , i will get a switch Netgear GS108Tv2 with 3 cables cat6 . i am frightening to have troubles because of the switch or if i change the config of the network to a dual network teaming config .

by now my network is well working , my dsl max is 11 Mb and when i download from ati or nvidia or with torrent , i usually get 1.2 Mo .

Banned Array

the new switch is installed , after first boot like usual , i was not able to see the win xp x64 shares .
    i was not able to open firefox or opera to report the bug , while ie was opened and chrome was able too .

i rebooted and directly opened the network shares using explorer.exe and now i see them .
    there should be a memory trouble . i wonder if that should come from TCP Optimizer : http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php that i used to set mtu and speed of connection .
    by the way there seem to be a big big trouble with network and memory with win 8 x64 entreprise

ROG Enthusiast Array

You're having a Master Broswer problem ... see here
    i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

imMortal Kombatant Array Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    Myk SilentShadow PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Rampage IV Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 3930K
    Memory (part number)8GB Corsair XMS3 1600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Radeon 7970 3GD5
    Sound CardROG Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSamsung SyncMaster SA300
    Storage #1Corsair Neutron 128GB
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair A50 Pro Air Cooler
    CaseBitFenix Merc Alpha
    Power SupplyThermaltake Litepower 700W
    Keyboard Alienware TactX Keyboard
    Mouse Tesoro Gandiva H1L
    OS Win7 Ultimate x64

Another problem you are having is that you're using twisted pair cabling, bad idea as the NIC and your switch will be sending and receiving down the wrong lines. You need to use patch cable instead. NIC's/Routers/Switches are already wired in crossover mode, using twisted pair cable crosses the data again. I dunno if this would completely kill data transmission...but it will likely be a major contributing factor.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Myk leaving this one with you but will check in every now and then to learn.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.