New ROGer Array

G73JW-A1 - Video Problems... how is this acceptable?

I have been, since I got this machine, complaining about issues with the video card. The video driver crashes constantly- no matter what version I use. It's been back to ASUS, who declared the "fans dirty" and sent it back. Sadly, I had cleaned the inside of the laptop right before sending it out- so this was just a garbage diagnosis and they did nothing.

I have completely wiped and reinstalled the OS... I've tried every single version of the nVidia drivers- the ones approved by ASUS and newer ones.

I've made all the registry changes.
    I've changed every single thing I can find anywhere on the internet.

it's still crashing constantly.

What do I do now? The laptop is worth more as a fancy doorstop at this point.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Check out this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ng-and-bsoding. ThrottleStop may provide a workaround for your lockups and BSOD's. Otherwise, confirming your memory is sound with memtest86+ would be a worthwhile troubleshooting step.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status= also discusses general troubleshooting strategy for lockups and BSOD's.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

i feel you man, amd's driver packages are complete garbage. Every other one i install has issues. Finally updated to latest and all is well

New ROGer Array

so now you already send back to ASUS? what is your OS type? what is driver do you use?