cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 670MX bios back up

gokica
Level 10
Can someone please provide me via pp the default bios from their GTX 670MX.

I believe that latest nvflash program for DOS can do it but it needs to be run from bootable USB. If you guys have bootable USB and G75VX just download the program:

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2165/NVFlash_5.127.html

the command parameter is:

nvflash.exe --save 670mx.rom

I hope that it supports UEFI GOP table. The windows version does not support our eprom and I do not have a spare USB to make it bootable with FAT partition.

The reason is for me to try and play with the options with bios editors. I do not intend to reflash but just to see the list of available options and inform about them.

Thank you.
29 REPLIES 29

gokica
Level 10
Update. I bought a new USB drive and made it bootable. Unfortunately nVflash does not work with this card. Hopefully soon.

SUKARA
Level 10
Yes,Nvflash tool can be backup the VBIOS file,or re-flash and upgrade the graphic card vbios
But,We do not recommend that you update the BIOS, to avoid affecting system stability

gokica
Level 10
Thank you. I understand that. My intention was just to load it into a Kepler bios editor and roam in to the options just for fun. However I can not find working nvflash for our GTX 670MX. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Anyway thanks for the heads up.

povetkin
Level 7

povetkin wrote:
670mx vbios

Thank you very much. Now a whole new perspective is open for me to start reading and experimenting with the file. I can not find an editor that will open the file. KGB editor as well as the famous Kepler bios editor do not work with it.

But the search continues. I will post results.

BTW which program did you use for extracting the bios?

Once again thank you.

Hi,
Im also interested in a possibility to modify the bios. Any progress on that?

Greetings

Hi, can you or anyone with this upload it again? The download isn't available anymore and I need it to fix a GTX 670MX vbios in a ROG G75VX
povetkin wrote:
670mx vbios

gokica
Level 10
No progress to be reported from my side.

Since the new hardware (GTX 670MX) and the related drivers have new patterns all of the available utilities that I tried do not work. I can not read the specs of the card in any of those and this is a must before changing the frequencies and the voltage.

Even Nvidia Inspector, which is working for the memory and the GPU, can not fully support GTX 670MX. We have to wait for an update of these utilities before doing anything.

I noticed that on some other forums people played with 675MX so maybe it is possible but I am not aware how.

Is it right that the vbios is integrated in the bios-file?

i have seen a post for the G73. Someone unlocked every hidden bios-setting. So it was possible to easily change e.g. the values for the fans and a lot of other stuff. Any possibility to do that?