cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VW - Crashes (Turns off) after 2-3 minutes of playing any game.

Hitman9000
Level 7
Hey, so I bought my G75 about 5 months ago and for the past 2 days now every time I attempt to play a game it will just turn off my laptop, no error, no blue screen of death, nothing. Before you say heat, my temp before it crashed was 75C for my GPU which is normal for me. I've checked my HDD for errors, defragged, scan for viruses, updated my BIOS. I just don't know why my laptop would turn off all of the sudden, I'm thinking its my RAM or GPU. I really don't want to have it sent in for repairs, I do have a 1 year warranty though.

Any ideas guys?
14 REPLIES 14

ashue
Level 7
Hitman9000 wrote:
Hey, so I bought my G75 about 5 months ago and for the past 2 days now every time I attempt to play a game it will just turn off my laptop, no error, no blue screen of death, nothing. Before you say heat, my temp before it crashed was 72C for my GPU which is normal for me. I've checked my HDD for errors, defragged, scan for viruses, updated my BIOS. I just don't know why my laptop would turn off all of the sudden, I'm thinking its my RAM or GPU. I really don't want to have it sent in for repairs, I do have a 1 year warranty though.

Any ideas guys?

if you are suspecting that it is a ram or gpu then you might want to try bring it for repair but if you can disassemble your pc then you can also do it to check for yourself but it will void your warranty so the best possible way is for repair and hope that they can fix the issue.
ASUS G75VX-T4072H The Ultimate Fighting Machine 😉
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Windows 8
16GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM (Hynix+Kingston)
17.3" HD+ EWV (1600 x 900)/Full HD (1920x1080)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
Hitachi 750GB HDD
Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1TB HDD
Super-Multi DVD

Noob Gamer but Loves to Play Games. 😄

SUKARA
Level 10
Maybe you can help to sent the notebook to reapir and detail check by asus service center

asus service center contact information:
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

leodanniel
Level 7
i guy i solved my problem downgrading the bios, i think the latest bios have some problems.... why dont you try to downgrade to the firs relased instead of upgrade? maybe thats the problem.....

rewben
Level 13
uh? another unknown problem that is related to bios. what's your model number? (g75vw-xxxxx)?

Hitman9000
Level 7
I just updated my BIOS yesterday so that can't be the problem, I might try get an replacement if not I will have to send it in for repairs which I hope it doesn't cost me.

I think it is the heat because my GPU temp went up to 75 before it crashed,

rewben
Level 13
if this happened after your bios upgrade, you might need to consider restore your bios to the last working one.

for gpu, 75c is normal. if it's 85c or more, time to clean up your vents and perhaps replace the thermal grease.

Hitman9000
Level 7
It still crashed with an older BIOS version so that is not the problem, I've check my fans and there is some dust, I will try clean my vents and see what happens.

Check that your CPU speed is always 100% if CPU changes C States that can crash Windows 7 and Windows 8.

But what was your bios version? And what is your bios version now?....... And other thing, did you upgrade your chipste driver to the last version?