Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

I agree that it is not ideal but if you are happy with the version you got with the motherboard then do not bother with an updated version.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Member Array

Thumbs up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fail.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	29926

I had the update popup as well, I was hoping asus perhaps hid the updates for this package outside of the standard faire but I guess not. Sorry for resurrecting ancient history but this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I love the idea of sticking with the single-serving version of GameFirst II... *sigh*

The caveat being the obsolete version of GameFirst II doesn't adjust the skin size when using the enlarge button via ANY of the skins supplied or downloaded from the developer. Then when the asus skinned configuration window is moved from one display to another in a multi-display environment the skin freaks out and doesn't redraw correctly.

Yes folks... when asus slides packages like this into their software bundles... while only securing a single-serving version license when the package is broken as a result of the "asus starbucks treatment"... it unfortunately renders the package 'bundlespam'.

And as a sidebar, I must say I never get tired of beta testing asus "consumer-ready" hardware/bundlespam. Like having to wade through two mainboard bios updates before my previously bleeding-edge asus gtx 780 video cards would work correctly in SLI on the maximus VI extreme.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is there a way of deactivate these warnings about update? Without hiding all warnings on Windows task bar?

ROG Member Array

Well i cant seem to find the download. I was running through my programs and deleting the bloatware that was downloaded at the repair shop. Somehow i managed to click on the Gamefirst II and cant seem to find a download to re-install. If anyone has some updated info please let me know. Ive been digging around here on the the web for around 2 hours and cant seem to find it.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array sectionate PC Specs
    sectionate PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor8350 - 1090T
    Memory (part number)G Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9-4GBSR
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
    MonitorAcer GD235HZ - ViewSonic VX2439wm - SyncMaster P2350
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i
    CaseHAF 932
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional HX850
    Mouse Zowie EC1 eVo
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Runnag View Post
    Well i cant seem to find the download. I was running through my programs and deleting the bloatware that was downloaded at the repair shop. Somehow i managed to click on the Gamefirst II and cant seem to find a download to re-install. If anyone has some updated info please let me know. Ive been digging around here on the the web for around 2 hours and cant seem to find it.
    First, yes i am quoting my own post lol
    Second i finally took the time to talk with Tech Support and this is what i was told.

Tech-Support Agent:
    "Thank you for waiting Runnag, have some not so good news regarding the Gamefirst 2 file.

It is not a file that is available for download because it is an embedded file in the OEM OS of the system, as a result we wont be able to reinstall it manually.

to get Gamefirst back on the system you will have to do a factory reset of the PC, which requires backing up all data on the system before doing so as the process will wipe all information on the system."

So its not worth my time but if you are really wanting that program back on your PC this is your one way ticket
    Hope this Helps

ROG Member Array jasonmc PC Specs
    jasonmc PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G75VW
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470 GAMING
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)KHX2133C14/8G
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX GTX 1060/6G
    Graphics Card #2-
    Graphics Card #3-
    Graphics Card #4-
    MonitorROG STRIX XG27VQ
    CPU CoolerTT THERMALTAKE WATER COOLER 120M
    CaseINWIN A1
    Power Supply600
    Mouse razer naga
    Mouse Pad STEELSERIES
    OS WINDOWS 10

Quote Originally Posted by Myk SilentShadow View Post
    Geez...don't they call that marriage mate?
    lol yer true dat

ROG Member Array jasonmc PC Specs
    jasonmc PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G75VW
    MotherboardROG STRIX X470 GAMING
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 5 2600X
    Memory (part number)KHX2133C14/8G
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX GTX 1060/6G
    Graphics Card #2-
    Graphics Card #3-
    Graphics Card #4-
    MonitorROG STRIX XG27VQ