cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG 8480 Question

drek20
Level 7
Hi i recently purchased a 8480, was wondering if its possible to upgrade the motherboard to a SLI model in the future if i needed too, also is the power supply upgradeable?
5 REPLIES 5

X-ROG
Level 15
The PSU is technically upgradable, yes, however doing so will void the warranty as it's a significant change to the product. Adding memory, HDD or SSD will not however, as these are just drop-in components.

I've never seen the motherboard so am unsure if it is standard ATX/mATX sorry. If so, then yes it can be replaced, but again it's a warranty voiding upgrade.

drek20
Level 7
I returned the pc and went with a custom build using asus rampage iv extreme board.

leyrish
Level 7
Hi guys I have question and find no answer.
I have the cg8480 and want to install an aditional fan, after opening my case I saw that at the front is enought space for a a fan and the mounting holes for the screws too.

My question is, how can I remove the front of the case, to install that fan?

Im not sure how it works and I dont wanna scratch or damege the case.
thanks.

Im use this 1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Antec-Truequiet-Silicone-Grommets-Turbulence/dp/B004AGXHE6 fits just right with the silcon ends it wont move.

sherman
Level 7
Hi i have a question and cant really find any answer!

Currently i am using Cg8480 and it has a GT640 for its GPU and i intend to change to an Asus gtx760 DCII but i saw some one said that he bought a leadtek GPU but it doesnt work. So i was wandering whether is it fixed to GT640 or ?