cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The stupidest GPU cooler yet

1ceTr0n
Level 11
And i've seen some interesting ones over the years but seriously, who in the hell would want their GPU to sound like a Cisco router on a bad day? Someone in the Gigabyte design and idea department needs a firing.

GIGABYTE GV-N680SO-2GD GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit...

20 REPLIES 20

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Bahaha!!, hard to compete with ASUS' DCUII cooling huh? 😛

Gorman
Level 12
I have a server with fans like that, it sounds like an aeroplane taking off.

If you want air cooled, that's the way to go... 😛

Gorman wrote:
I have a server with fans like that, it sounds like an aeroplane taking off.

If you want air cooled, that's the way to go... 😛

Cooling thin rackmounted routers and servers sure, but a consumer grade gaming GPU? Hell no

Gorman
Level 12
If you can't hear it from 2 blocks away how do you know it's even working/!??!11

Gorman wrote:
If you can't hear it from 2 blocks away how do you know it's even working/!??!11

LOL, I like this mentality... 😄 😄 😄 Would not practice it in every day use though...

Would be nice a comparison test between this card and an Asus one with the DCII cooler...

Mankz
Level 10
Why not just use a Prolimatech MK26?

*sigh*

Mankz wrote:
Why not just use a Prolimatech MK26?

*sigh*

Hey, as long as they are wasting their time on stuff like this they aren't building stuff to compete with ASUS. Consider it job security. 😉
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zka17
Level 16
Who knows what's under the hood of that Gigabyte card... I can not see vent/fan holes in either side of the card... - it may be that MK25 under there... 😄