cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 60Hz display without 3D against 120Hz display with 3D

BlackMachine
Level 7
Hello! I'm from Germany!!^^

I've got a little mistake in my display, therefore I'm thinking about to change my display! I no, thats easy and not very expensive: -->http://www.tdcomponents.com/shop/ASUS_G_G70%20-%2079_G75VW_19164_notebook.shtml

My equipment: gtx 670m but the 60Hz Display without 3D function!!!

Is it possible to change the 60Hz display without 3D function against a 120Hz display with 3D function???
Is it so easy or have I have to change other things too???
4 REPLIES 4

Tomislav
Level 11
It should be fine.Your GPU supports 3D technology. I think when it comes to connectors and stuff they are pretty much the same, you should check does it break your warranty though and if it does maybe you should rethink it. Also you gonna need a pair of 3D glasses from nVidia. (they aren't cheap though. Only thing I'm not sure is does the 3D reciver ( that's usually situated where webcam is on 3D models) needs some extra connection inside of your notebook. Guys? ( be sure to check is it cheaper to buy an external 3D monitor that comes with 3D glasses or make this replacement) .
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD

Pitcher1
Level 9
i suggest you do not do it, because it will lose warranty when you dismantle, aslo have risk when you dismantle, other when you change success, you will buy 3D accessories, alos asus can not promise it is able to use normal.

tkolarik
Level 9
That link does not say that model is 3D!

BlackMachine
Level 7
No, thats right, the display from my link is the normal 60Hz display! They actually do not have the 120HZ 3D display!!!