cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 Problems during Shut Down

redtiger
Level 7
Hey all !

I have got my G55 about 2 months ago and as expected it has been working like a dream.

However, this problem just started to surface a week ago.
Whenever I want to shut down my g55, the screen turns blank ( just as usual ) , but then the keyboard lights and the power button remains lit . Hence the laptop is still running!!
I have waited for quite a long time but the lights still does not turn off, so I had to force my G55 to shut down by holding down the power button 😞

Again, this only happened about a week ago, and it does not happen everytime I shut down, but occasionally ( I wouldnt call it rare too...)

I have also recently installed Kaspersky anti virus a week ago and thats about the only change ( is it relevant to the problem?)

Please advice/help/comment if you have fix/faced the same problem ! THANK YOU
Play by the Game Theory
11 REPLIES 11

rewben
Level 13
if you put your laptop to sleep (press fn+f1), can it wake up?

dstrakele
Level 14
The problem started a week ago and you installed Kaspersky Antivirus a week ago... hmmmm.....

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=185839
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I guess this should be immediately noticed to ASUS and I recommend going to a local service.

dstrakele
Level 14
No - we lost the election - now the OP needs to look for other Security software drivers that may be conflicting with Kaspersky Antivirus and choose which to uninstall (Kaspersky or the other Security software).

There can be no sending the laptop out for Warranty repair unless a hardware issue is identified as the cause. This is because the Service Center will simply reinstall the ASUS Factory OS, which doesn't have Kaspersky Antivirus, so the issue will be 'resolved', when @redtiger could easily do that himself.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

taz291819
Level 8
FWIW, I use ESET SmartSecurity, and have no problems shutting down my G55. May want to switch to it.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think you are reinstall Antivirus try again first, if same, try reinstall unnecessary sw, if same again, save your data restore OS.

@dstrakele thanks for your advice. Im not really tech savvy so would you mind explaining how I would troubleshoot this?
Play by the Game Theory

redtiger
Level 7
Thank you all for your advices ! really appreciate it
however I don't want to reinstall a new AV as my Kaspersky is still new )): So it would be a waste...
What I am trying to do now is to just close Kaspersky everytime I want to shut down. And so far if I did that, the laptop shuts alright.
Play by the Game Theory

rewben
Level 13
nice 🙂 i didn't know kaspersky could be the cause of this.