cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean out the dust and cobwebs from my G74?

City_Builder
Level 7
Hello,

I believe that my Asus G74 is running the CPU a bit too high at 60° c in a room that is about 70°f

I've shut down the laptop and taken a can of compressed air and blown out the back air outlets which did indeed make a huge amount of dust come out, I'm talking a small storm cloud of dust. I also tried blowing it into what looks like a perforated panel above the keys, the area between the keys and the screen but didn't notice much dust come out the exhaust fans.

I'm wondering if I need to somehow open up this laptop to give it a proper cleaning as I'm pretty sure that 60 celcius is higher than the CPU should be running.

Are there any instructions on this site or elsewhere that explains in detail what I must do to get this laptop open to clear out the dust so that it can run cooler?

Yes, in my area of the world the dust is terrible, I opened up my desktop for the first time in about 6 months and the dust was caked on hard to most of the inside as well as all the fans where I had to wipe it all down to get it cleaned up.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Pitcher1
Level 9
yep, search in ROG or youtobe, so many people talk or post about clear.