cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme, Beta Bios 1850

Fr0stX
Level 7
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME BIOS 1850 (Beta) released July 4, 2011
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/MAXIMUS_IV_EXTREME/MaximusIV-Extreme-ASUS-1850.zip
Beta version

Release Notes
[ 1850 ]
----------------------
Improve system stability.
I7-10700K @5.0Ghz
Asus Maximus Formula XII
32Gb Gskill Royal-Z @3600Mhz
Asus Strix RTX3090
Corsair HX850i
40 REPLIES 40

Retired
Not applicable
Raja,

This isnt an EFI bios. Any benny to try this one?

jdpg2 wrote:
Raja,

This isnt an EFI bios. Any benny to try this one?

You mean it's a beta BIOS or something else?

If EZ Flash 2 is giving you that message, it is usually because of the format of the flash drive you are using (needs to be FAT 32).

1850 has a microcode update from Intel to improve DRAM compatibility.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
1850 has a microcode update from Intel to improve DRAM compatibility.-Raja

I wonder when some RAM manufacturers will make their share to make their stuf more compatible, so peoples will stop to blame motherboard manufacturers for it.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
You mean it's a beta BIOS or something else?

If EZ Flash 2 is giving you that message, it is usually because of the format of the flash drive you are using (needs to be FAT 32).

1850 has a microcode update from Intel to improve DRAM compatibility.

-Raja

So no need to update if my memory is working flawless with 1409?
I7-10700K @5.0Ghz
Asus Maximus Formula XII
32Gb Gskill Royal-Z @3600Mhz
Asus Strix RTX3090
Corsair HX850i

Fr0stX wrote:
So no need to update if my memory is working flawless with 1409?

Not particularly, you can try if you wish.

-Raja

Bei_Fei
Level 7
Raja,

What chips were improved? PSC, Hyper ....?

I noticed a significant decrease in temps with 1850 over 1409. Probably 5°-7° at idle.

Although when I open AI Suite after putting my OC settings back to where they were, AI Suite says my BCLK is set to 4.2(?).

Has anybody else tested 1850? I really wish I knew why my BCLK is listed as 4.2 on AI Suite, I even uninstalled/reinstalled the suite with no change. I remember having the same issue with my last board that ended up being returned. However, that's not why I ask. I'm sitting at a conservative 4.8 overclock and I've had time to mess with 1850, and with the exact same OC settings as I had with 1409 I'm getting almost unbelievable temperature improvements across the board. I am down to 26°-27° at idle and with Prime95 running at max heat probably 10°-15° cooler. That's using AI Suite sensor readings though so that might be a factor. Although I am still getting a 10° difference from RealTemp and AI Suite just as I always have so if not the accuracy, at least the comparisons are the same.