cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Case mod

Giannis996
Level 9
Hey rogers!

now that im finaly done with my system i would like to know if its possible to solder the man conectors and the front panel conectors on the back of the motherboard istead of bringing cables to the front. Im using a maximus v extreme mobo.

i would also like to know what ssd to buy im thinking about ocz but i dont know what between vertex 3 or 4...

further questions will come as soon as i proceed when im done with the case new setup (corsair 650D)
to get an idea for what im about to build check out the Pink Project case mod. (sorry didnt find the link. google it 😛 )
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
I'm not sure I understand. Are you asking if you can cut a hole in the mobo tray and physically solder the wires to the back of the board? I guess you could as I've seen someone move the 24 pin connector to the back but it ain't easy and with what you're asking it doesn't sound like you're planning to use a connector which means your board will be semi-permanently wired into your case.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zka17
Level 16
I would say don't solder the mobo... unless you're really knowing what you're doing...

If SSD, then Samsung 830 or 840...

Giannis996
Level 9
sorry for the poor english i wrote that in a hurry...here are some pics 16533 16534 16533 i hope you inderstand now... i want to do this because i will save space from the front of the case + some less wires are better to be hidden

Chino
Level 15
I think he wants to solder all his connectors to the back of the board instead of connecting anything at the front. It is possible like Xeromist said but why would you risk damaging a $370 motherboard just to make it look "neater" with no cables in the front? lol

Gonna be a pain in the ass for you if you decide to swap PSU or when you're going to do some cleaning because everything will be attached to your motherboard permanently. In a worst case scenario, one of the cables breaks of the soldering point or rubs another point and fries your motherboard taking down everything connected to it. lol :rolleyes:

Giannis996
Level 9
oh .. i wasnt aware of that. then i prefer to cut holes in the back of the case so when im done with the rest of the case i will think again for soldering. now i will focus on finishing my case.... but except the fans an the fromt panel i dont think psu would me a problem i dont want to solder any psu cables on the back ony reset /power switch hdd led and the fans.. if i do that will i still be in danger of damaging the mobo?

skywalker311
Level 8
I wouldn't do it! But it sure would look cool.
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

Giannis996
Level 9
in not yet sure for waht im gonna do..if its safe to solder them ill do it..i meani dont want to solder the psu so i can avoid the danger of burning the mobo....