Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    i5 3570k or i7 3770k

    Hey guys I'm looking to do a motherboard and CPU upgrade but i can't seem to decide. I've been thinking about getting either the 3570k with the Maximus Formula or the 3770k with the Maximus Gene. I'm really leaning toward the i7 but I've also heard alot of good things about the i5. My worries are that the i5 wont be as future proof as the i7. So what are your opinions between the two I know the only main difference is hyperthreading. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Reputation
    49
    Posts
    2,276

    Hi welcome to the forum, my recommendations will be base on what you do with your system, so you have to give more info about the software you run or expect to run on that PC

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by Area 66 View Post
    Hi welcome to the forum, my recommendations will be base on what you do with your system, so you have to give more info about the software you run or expect to run on that PC
    I'm just going to use it for high end gaming, make some youtube videos( which means also recording and editing), and I will be OCing it but not for bench mark. Ive seen all the bench marks and most lead people misguided. So I want to hear from the people that have had these cpus and these motherboards see what they have to say about them. Also how is the quality of these ROG boards heard good and bad things about them.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,254

    The i5 3570k is the perfect CPU for gaming and it'll do pretty good for video recording and editing. The i7 3770k would give you faster encoding times. Gaming wise it doesn't offer you any significant gain.

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    The i5 3570k is the perfect CPU for gaming and it'll do pretty good for video recording and editing. The i7 3770k would give you faster encoding times. Gaming wise it doesn't offer you any significant gain.
    So frame rates will be about the same? What about how overclockable they are in comparison( I know it all depends on the cooler). And how is the Maximus Formula board?

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array skywalker311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    158

    If all you going to do is high end gaming and watching movies and surfing the net maybe a little photoshop then the i5-3570K is a great cpu
    I use it for my last build and it work great. The one that I'm going with now is a i7-3770K but I do a lot of graphic media with CS6 and android so it be perfect for me.
    One great thing about going with the i5-3570K is you save $100 and you can put it towards a better graphic card.
    Last edited by skywalker311; 01-31-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
    EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,254

    Same in some games, marginal difference in others. Overclockability depends on the luck of the draw more than the cooler. If you're lucky and get a higher binned chip, you can reach higher frequencies with lower voltages. But overall, I'd consider the i5 3570k a little easier because it has 4 threads less than the i7 3770k.

    The MVF is a popular board because it looks amazing to show off to your friends and packs a lot of cool features. The MVG is a more budget oriented board but whether you pick the MVF or the MVG, you're still getting the same quality.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by skywalker311 View Post
    If all you going to do is high end gaming and watching movies and surfing the net maybe a little photoshop then the i5-3570K is a great cpu
    I use it for my last build and it work great. The one that I'm going with now is a i7-3770K but I do a lot of graphic media with CS6 and android so it be perfect for me.
    One great thing about going with the i5-3570K is you save $100.
    The thing is is that money isn't too big of an issue i would be spending the same amount of money anyways for the i7 i could get for 290 then 200 on the mobo which ends up being 490 then if i were to get the i5 it would be 230 plus 270 for the mobo which would be 500 which is more expensive...

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,254

    Or if you can find a MicroCenter nearby, you can get the i7 3770k for the same price as the i5 3570k.

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    107

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Or if you can find a MicroCenter nearby, you can get the i7 3770k for the same price as the i5 3570k.
    LOL theres one 15 miles away from my house THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •