cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little suggestion

AlexTheRepublic
Level 9
Hello, ROG masters. I am a member of this site since December and now I can give you some (hopefully) useful suggestions:
- there should be a mobile version of it or even an app. I know, it's very hard!
- maybe a global theme setting of the site. The current theme is awesome but maybe others wanna change it
- the avatars should be larger. My G55's has a Full HD display and I have to zoom in pages even at 150% so images don't look great
And I guess that's it. Thanks for reading!
9 REPLIES 9

xeromist
I'm just a volunteer but I'll take a stab.

1) Tapatalk has been discussed as a possibility to help out the mobile folks. It may take quite some time before this gets implemented though as the IT staff that maintain this site have a ton of things that need to be done.

2) The basic theme will remain the same because it's part of the ROG branding. This is straight from ASUS.

3) My personal opinion on this one (nothing to do with ASUS) is that avatars should not dominate the layout. They are useful as a means of quickly identifying the author as you are reading through a thread but they should take a back seat to the text of our posts because that is what is important. Oversized avatars & signatures just get in the way of reading the actual text. Also, huge avatars wouldn't work well with your request for mobile support. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for replying, ROG master. Hope you liked my feedback.

Any updates on Tapatalk support?

X-ROG
Level 15
- Tapatalk is coming. Our webteam have a list of fixes and updates they are doing between now and end of March.
- Additional themes.. I've been wanting to do 'light' one for a while just never had time to sit down and look into it.
- Avatars won't be bigger sorry. At least 50% of readers are 1280x or 1366x resolution.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
- Additional themes.. I've been wanting to do 'light' one for a while just never had time to sit down and look into it.

Cool! I know that could be a help for some people who have trouble reading light on dark. So even if we don't get a myriad of options that one should be useful.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Indeed, man. Same for me 😉

Awesome news, Marshall! Great stuff coming!

X-ROG
Level 15
I know I know, it will be done! >_< promise!

Wolowizard
Level 7
Hehe, cool. Gotta keep you on your toes 😛