cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFS Most Wanted - 2012 very low FPS with GTX 460!

kimiraikkonen
Level 7
H guys,
I know NFS MW 2012 (Criterion) is not a new game but i gave a try and i was shocked by the results. I run most of the games at 60 fps v-synced with no major slow downs. But NFS MW drops as low as to 20 fps and generally runs at 30 fps though LockTo30 setting in save file is set to FALSE.

Here is my gaming details:

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
High Resolution Textures: On
Motion Blur: Low
Shadow Level: Off
Gamma Correction: 28%
Headlight Shadows: On
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Reflection Detail: Low
Vfx Detail: Low
Geometry Detail: Low
Light Scattering: On

I see some G74SX gaming notebooks can get 50-60 FPS but i cannot go over 30-35 fps with my G53JW which has Core i7 740QM, GTX 460M with R300 Geforce drivers.

Any idea?

Thanks!
ASUS G53JW-XA1
8 REPLIES 8

AlexTheRepublic
Level 9
Is your ROG laptop plugged in with the A/C?

AlexTheRepublican wrote:
Is your ROG laptop plugged in with the A/C?

Of course with AC and no power save. The game is usually unplayable but i'm not using patched version. Initial release. The game doesn't really utilize my GPU and my CPU based on my guess. The temps proove this. Do you have some insight related to NFS MW 2012 because of low fps?
ASUS G53JW-XA1

kimiraikkonen wrote:
Of course with AC and no power save. The game is usually unplayable but i'm not using patched version. Initial release. The game doesn't really utilize my GPU and my CPU based on my guess. The temps proove this. Do you have some insight related to NFS MW 2012 because of low fps?

have you tried updating your video and chipset drivers to the latest or even one rev before?
Desktop:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI EXTREME
RAM: 32gb Ballistix 1866 DDR3
Chip: Intel Core i7 4770k OC'd Stable 4.8ghz
Water Cooling: Corsair H110i
Power: Corsair 1200i
Video: Asus STRIX OC'd GTX 980
Primary Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Pro 256gb SSD
55" Vizio HD display
Audio: Logitech Z5500
File Server: Dell Poweredge r710 1.3TB Hard Drive Storage 128gb RAM
Storage SAN #1: Dell Equallogic PS100e 14x 750gb SATA
Storage SAN #2: Dell Equallogic PS5000V 16x 1TB SaS

evga
Level 9
update to 12.7 ccc . Also make sure your on high performance mode.
blow some air through the vents may be it over heats and throttles.

evga wrote:
update to 12.7 ccc . Also make sure your on high performance mode.
blow some air through the vents may be it over heats and throttles.

It's not AMD GPU, it's Nvidia GTX 460m. And trying newer drivers would bring more troubles based on the reports. It doesn't seem to be a driver issue and not a air dust accumulation issue as other games utilize my Rog's resources just fine, but NFS MW 2012! 😞

The game seems to have a problem itself, which is a bad console port. It doesn't utilize my i7 740QM and GTX 460 enough to provide real potential for much more FPS. Any hints?
ASUS G53JW-XA1

evga
Level 9
ops im sorry I didnt read the op correctly.
may be you should try overclocking your vga also make sure antialising is turned off because it takes more gpu power ,so if you keep if off it would make a huge difference in fps.
thanks

evga wrote:
ops im sorry I didnt read the op correctly.
may be you should try overclocking your vga also make sure antialising is turned off because it takes more gpu power ,so if you keep if off it would make a huge difference in fps.
thanks

AA is off and there's no such in-game option about either AA or Triple Buffering due to being console port game. I read somewhere that D3D Overrider would help by forcing triple buffering + vsync together to get more FPS which i don't have any idea. Did anybody use D3D Overrider?
ASUS G53JW-XA1

Djecker
Level 7
Bump because having very similar issues.