New ROGer Array

g73jh (best buy) dead video

Long story short, laptop had a large amount of gatorade spilled on it and wouldn't boot. Tore it down and discovered a fried chip on the mobo. Replaced the mobo and now it boots but i have no video (on screen or through either external adapters) it turns on hard drive makes sound keyboard lights up right away then goes off and after about 30 seconds both fans kick on full speed. No sound from speakers or beeps from the Mobo.
    It now at least turns on so one problem solved. Before i drop another $250 does this sound like a for sure dead video card?
    Last edited by 85gslse; 02-02-2013 at 03:53 PM.

New ROGer Array

tried reset button and removing battery on mobo as well as holding power for 60 seconds. No luck
    And for what its worth optical drive appears to be working and caps and num lock are responsive

New ROGer Array

laptop no any post now? if yes, i think you should send back RMA again.

New ROGer Array

i remember when i screwed my old Samsung laptop i had it in a bag with shampoo and it spilled inside the computer in the bag i opened it all
    apart used alcohol and cotton swabs to clean as much as i could then it was fine minus the DVD drive it worked for like half a year until i got a screw stuck in the fan i opened it again and destroyed all the wires to led screen i wouldn't bother with it man it will forever be shorting on the board if there's residue from the Gatorade ,build a desktop and wrap a rain tarp around it .

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by 85gslse View Post
    It now at least turns on so one problem solved. Before i drop another $250 does this sound like a for sure dead video card?
    It's possible but I'm guessing you used the same memory and CPU so there could be issues there too. Have you inspected the GPU to see if the liquid reached it as well?
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!