cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange GENE-V offset problem

Bluntwrapped
Level 7
Hi I have been trying to use a negative offset for my 2700k overclock with no success.

LLC set to Ultra High gives around 1.58 under load. Knowing my chip needs less than 1.44v for 5ghz I input -.1 which immediately shows up in red in the BIOS. I can't boot into windows even with -.025 offset.

Sorry if this has been asked before but am I missing something? :s
56 REPLIES 56

Bluntwrapped
Level 7
Anyone? ;o I could use this offset with my Gene-Z but still no joy with my new board.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Each motherboard will have its own settings that work. You can not transfer them across as a rule. Simply because how each board delivers power to the CPU is different. Suggest you start from scratch and work out what works best for your current system. Forget what was working before.

Just copied my answer to your other post here.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Each motherboard will have its own settings that work. You can not transfer them across as a rule. Simply because how each board delivers power to the CPU is different. Suggest you start from scratch and work out what works best for your current system. Forget what was working before.

Just copied my answer to your other post here.

Yep I have started from scratch. I was just using my previous profile settings as a general guide.

The problem I'm having is no matter what offset I use it could be - 0.005v the system crashes during the Windows loading screen.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Can you post some screenshots of your Extreme Tweaker and DIGÍ+ Tabs?

Sure, I'm at work at the moment but I will post some screenshots this evening. Never taken any screen dumps of the BIOS before but I'll figure it out.

Chino
Level 15

Bluntwrapped
Level 7
Nice one dude 🙂 I will do that when I get home and put them up here.

Ok so I took these screenshots earlier. If I leave offset voltage to AUTO, CPUZ reports 1.58v+ meaning I need -.100 ish offset for 1.44v. -.005 or -.010 as shown gives a BSOD. If I cant get this stable -.100 is going to be impossible..

If I set the voltage manually everything is stable as expected

4.8Ghz @ 1.368v LLC ultra high
5Ghz @ 1.44v LLC ultra high

I really want my offset voltages back 😞 this is driving me crazy..

if i were you i would try with a manual/fixed mode first and see the realtime load difference between VID (CoreTemp) and actual vcore (CPUz). once you find the difference between VID and Vcore just use offset, be it negative or +ve.

Bluntwrapped wrote:
Ok so I took these screenshots earlier. If I leave offset voltage to AUTO, CPUZ reports 1.58v+ meaning I need -.100 ish offset for 1.44v. -.005 or -.010 as shown gives a BSOD. If I cant get this stable -.100 is going to be impossible..

If I set the voltage manually everything is stable as expected

4.8Ghz @ 1.368v LLC ultra high
5Ghz @ 1.44v LLC ultra high

I really want my offset voltages back 😞 this is driving me crazy..

ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||