cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way for charging a G55VW battery?

AlexTheRepublic
Level 9
Hello, ROG members. I was always concerned about the way of charging my G55. What would be the best way to charge it and prelong the battery life the most? Like charge it until 100% and unplug it immediately or wait for one or more hours, or let it charging overnight? What is the best way, ROGers?
8 REPLIES 8

taz291819
Level 8
Today's batteries and chargers are pretty good. The charger uses capacitors to determine the charge, and will "trickle" charge when near full capacity.

I've always left my G53 and G55 plugged into a charger at all times. Never had an issue with the battery when I needed it.

That's a great answer, thank you!

Feud
Level 7
Pretty sure that much like my G75VW the G55VW doesn't charge when the battery is at 95% or higher to preserve the lifespan of it and bypasses the battery entirely. Basically, it doesn't matter whether or not the battery is plugged in or not... You could theoretically run it 24/7 plugged in and it wouldn't cause any degradation on the battery. Just let it be and use it as you normally would. Batteries have come a long way since the old days when they needed calibration and such.

Thanks for the provided info! 😄

Pitcher1
Level 9
battery is not charge when battery is at 95%, it is asus design. G serious laptop battery just like back up power, when you use battery only, the performance just half.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
battery is not charge when battery is at 95%, it is asus design. G serious laptop battery just like back up power, when you use battery only, the performance just half.

i love this dude's replies
8700K / Noctua U12S / Maximus X Hero / 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti / Seasonic Prime 650W / 4 x 1TB SSD / 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Game Zero Headset / K95 Platinum / Logitech G502 / Win 10 x64/ ViewSonic XG2701 1080p 144Hz

Yeah, Mike! Thanks a lot for replying

Tomislav
Level 11
AlexTheRepublican wrote:
Hello, ROG members. I was always concerned about the way of charging my G55. What would be the best way to charge it and prelong the battery life the most? Like charge it until 100% and unplug it immediately or wait for one or more hours, or let it charging overnight? What is the best way, ROGers?

every battery has a number of times that it can be recharged before it dies. so leave it outside if you are not using it. also I've read somewhere that is also good to keep your notebook charged all the time...but the first sounds more logical.
ASUS G75VX
Win 8, i7-3630QM, 2,4 GHz, GeForce GTX 670MX, 8 GB Ram,120 Gb Samsung 840 SSD+750 Gb HDD