cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Crosshair V BSOD's "TCPIP.SYS" & "While Playing ONLINE Games"

Retired
Not applicable
Hey All,

Iam an asus user for more than 10 years now and this time i get stressed out.
if i may say: Again intel fails on making good drivers/components

Before people going to post links n stuff because i didnt read the topics.
Yes i did iam more than 5+ hours sorting out wich component causing me BSOD's.

My System:

FRESH Windows 7 Pro 64bit Install

ASUS Crosshair V AM3+ "BIOS 0506"
nVidia GTX260 Extreme
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600-Mhz
AMD Athlon II X3 450 3x3200Mhz

CPU Temps on max load 24+ Hours = 39 Degrees
CPU Temps on idle 24+ Hours = 28 Degrees

All Latest Drivers from ASUS
Latest Intel Network Driver: 16.3.48.0

Tested 16GB Memory : Passed
Tested 4GB Memory :Passed
stressed CPU for 24+ hours Passed

My problem is i get BSOD's while running online games.
World Of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, Bulletstorm & DiRT3 all works but when i login online and it loads information from the net like patches or updates, news i get a BSOD

with a dump smg TCPIP.SYS

And I get a lot of errors in my Event Viewer:
e1qexpress: Intel(R) 82583V Gigabite Connection Network Link is disconnected.

Memory changed to 2T dindt help the bsod

Iam giving it up....
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
Update: I Disabled the Intel network adapter in the bios.

Putted a old 3COM network adapter in the PCI slot and everything works.
Still dindt had bsods.

So whats the problem do i need RMA my board or what is the problem ?
Because the intel network adapter sucks ass

EAC
Level 7
Its a well known problem with the Intel drivers for the 82583V controller (when used on the Crosshair V and Crosshair IV Extreme), There is a beta driver available (see the Crosshair IV Extreme download page) which works, but it doesn't quite perform as well. It would be nice if Asus or Intel would do something to properly fix this.

Retired
Not applicable
EAC wrote:
Its a well known problem with the Intel drivers for the 82583V controller (when used on the Crosshair V and Crosshair IV Extreme), There is a beta driver available (see the Crosshair IV Extreme download page) which works, but it doesn't quite perform as well. It would be nice if Asus or Intel would do something to properly fix this.

These drivers are just the same like on the Crosshair V page.. So theyre probally not working. I hope this problem will be fixed soon or i need bring board back and get another brand. I cannot even run SLI right now because the PCI network card.....

ajkid93
Level 7
Well I have the same issue, but not with games. It occurs when I use netflix, youtube, download torrents or stream mkv movies via vlc. I have tried every single driver both from intel's site and asuss' site. No luck with the beta driver either. I put in a 15 dollar rosewill card and it has worked somy suggestion would be to go on to newegg or tiger direct or microcenter and get a cheap card that will last you until they get off their butts and actually fix the problem. This problem was occuring a year ago on the Crosshair IV Extreme too and it still hasn't been fixed. 😞

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Can you uninstall the current Intel driver (if still insatlled) you are using and try this one please?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aqq3lm...nPC_243635.rar

-Raja

Hey Raja I tried your link and it says that the file was deleted,IM having the same prob as underpantz

Retired
Not applicable
You should read my thread, im having hard issues with that network, its giving me BSOD also... very nice from intel

Jeebus wrote:
Hey Raja I tried your link and it says that the file was deleted,IM having the same prob as underpantz

Try the link again: http://www.mediafire.com/file/aqq3lmrk5gldn58/478415_Rel16.4OEMGenPC_243635.rar

Thanks ASUS team the above seems to work so far - but I think you really need to force this out as an upgrade through windows if possible - this has caused me 3 months of headache - and if it wasn't for my last ditch attempt last night - ild be back to Gigabyte. This has been an absolute joke.

Thanks again