cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75V Audio issues.

Spire
Level 7
I have been having audio issues for a good deal of time. I bought it used off amazon and it sounded great for a week or two. Then all of a sudden the audio all comes from the sub-woofer. Testing the speakers reveals the sound coming only from the woofer as it tests each individual speaker. When the front two speakers are tested they screech two times louder than the others.

Also i'll randomly be listening to something through tmy headphones and sound starts coming from the speakers. This requires me to unplug and replug my headphones to fix the issue. Not the best when listening to music in public as I can't even tell if it's blaring through my speakers as I have noise reduction headphones.

I have downloaded the drivers from the site over and over again, using the old and new ones. After the download is completed however it splits my speakers into two. The normal speaker being the back two, and a new "Headphone" device (no headphones plugged in) that controls the sub-woofer. So either I can have the sub-woofer going or just the back two speakers. Yet testing the normal speaker device gives me perfect audio through all speakers. This is quite annoying and I have just been dealing with it for a few months as it seems i can't find anything online.

Any ideas to fix this? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Dreamonic
Level 12
Welcome,

Please check out the following link for workaround fix, it has been long talked about.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22889-Workaround-for-the-Subwoofer-Audio-Problems-G55-G75&c...

Dreamonic wrote:
Welcome,

Please check out the following link for workaround fix, it has been long talked about.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22889-Workaround-for-the-Subwoofer-Audio-Problems-G55-G75&c...

I have done that before. I decided to try it again, it only makes it worse. The audio device decides to split into two, one being the normal speaker device and a headphone device. Plugging in headphones will not stop the sub-woofer from playing 100% of the time. No headphones gives a slightly better sound but still all the sound is on the left side and hardly on the right.

Moving the center of the speaker to the right only shifts the audio forward and to the left, shifting the speaker center to the left shifts it back and to the left.

Edit: Actually now no matter what, headphones in or not the sound is always coming from the subwoofer. I actual made it more worse than I originally had it..

If your headphones are plugged in during the installation of your audio drivers, it does that.. bugs out. Need to completely remove your audio drivers and any traces left over. Then restart. Then install the 1200 driver only. Not the one from ASUS download section to then updating them with a newer one, VDECK then bugs out.

If all else fails, system restore.

Pitcher1
Level 9
do you mean you install audio driver from asus website is not help to fix? what is your mode G75VX or VW? if you into to save mode to uninstall driver complete than install again, is it help?