cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan advice

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Hey Guys,

I have just bought 4 Scythe Ultra Kaze fans and am trying to decide how to install them in the case. They will be placed on the side door of the case but I am unsure whether to place them as intake or exhaust fans. Currently I have a 140mm at the top on the back of the case as an exhaust and a 200mm intake at the front on the bottom. The case I am using is a Aerocool X Predator I hope you all can help me :).
13 REPLIES 13

Retired
Not applicable
be aware that those fans pull a bit amp..

So a common/ordinary fan controller, prob will fry,

4 pcs fans = around 2,5 amp draw.. (3000 rpm version)

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Thanks WhitePaw I hadn't thought of that
I bought a Scythe Kaze Master Pro do you think that will be ok?

Retired
Not applicable
1 fan per channel.. not more..

And i think you are safe

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
I wouldn't want to use more than one fan per channel anyway 🙂 perhaps I should chat to Scythe to confirm it will be ok I don't want to fry the controller by accident. Thanks for the heads up on that one you may have helped me dodge a bullet 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
the spec says> max 1 amp load per channel..

And the fans are 0,6 amp. If i am not mistaken..

Please check the numbers..

Yes, its easy to miss a thing like this, and the gear isnt cheap..

You welcome..

Good luck..

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
0.6 per fan and 1amp per channel you were dead on mate really glad I didn't consider the onboard fan controller now lol 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
if you had, you most likely would have had a nice burnt-smell in the room, shortly after powering up..

Retired
Not applicable
Be sure to hold on to something solid, when ramping up those beauties.. they move air.. ;o)

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Nothing like the smell of burning in the morning :). Oh yes I am thinking I may have to bolt the computer to the floor for fear it may take off haha.

For anyone who reads this my original question has not been answered as to whether the fans should be placed as intake or exhaust