cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus v extreme bios update

Dezzin
Level 7
Hello guys... I am having a delimma. A friend of mine who is a computer engineer he says that when a motherboard BIOS is running perfect with the rest of the system i shouldn't do any update. But i have the version 0257 (06/06/2012) and as i can see is quite old... What I should do...?

Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15
They're right. If your system is stable, then you're good. Don't update just to get the "latest" of everything. Only update when a problem presents itself. Enjoy your motherboard.

Thanks a lot Chino...I am really enjoying my motherboard... + the rest of my system..! Goodnight

Nate152
I see you have an ROG motherboard like me, I found 3 different ways to update. The way I chose to update the bios was to install AI suite II from the disc that came with the motherboard. Open AI suite II, click update, It will bring up a list of the bios versions, click 1604 as that is the latest one, click next and it downloads it. After it downloads you will be prompted to reboot. Installation begins. It only takes 5 or 10 seconds for it to install and you're done. You don't even have to download it onto a disc or flash drive. How cool is that? Bios updates are usually released for stabilty/compatibilty issues. I didn't have any issues with the previous bios version either but it MAY help if you want to try and do some crazy overclocking.

Hi dude... thanks for replying.. i have installed AI suite from the first momment... And I learned how to Update... I was just "afraid" to do it since my computer is running perfectly for 5 months without even a small delay. Thanks anyway 🙂

Zka17
Level 16
Until that system satisfies your needs, don't update it... - why fix something what's not broken?

If time will come for updating, better use the BIOS flashback from a USB stick...

pcunite
Level 8
Don't do the handy update from within Windows. Rather, download the bios update file to a USB key, then use the EZ Bios updater within the bios to flash itself. Also don't update unless you need to. Resist the urge to brick your board!
i5-3570k | V Gene | HD 4000 | Crucial M4 256GB | Fractal Design Mini | NEC 2490WUXi2

HiVizMan
Level 40
I really wish folks would not update their bios using the OS based application. Yeah I know some folks get away with it, and sometimes even get away with updating in OS three of four times. Bottom line why go the high risk route.

FIrst. DO NOT update BIOS unless you have to. And have too means fixing an error.
Second. Use the BIOS based utility EZFlash2 NOT the OS.

And uninstall AIsuite if you can. Not my number 1 utility.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.