cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are multiple screens for G53 possible ?

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,
I am used to using an ATI Eyefinity desktop. I would like to swap my desktop PC for a G53. How many screens can I run in addition to the 15.6 " with the 460M ?
I dont need them for gaming just emailing and browsing while gaming.
thanks in advance !
4 REPLIES 4

irdmoose
Level 10
I could be wrong, but with HDMI out and VGA out you might be able to add 2 displays to the onboard one. If it won't work that way or you need more than 3 displays and they're not for gaming, several manufacturers make USB based display adapters that you could add as well.

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,
I tried an ATI GPU laptop and I could add 2 screens and still have the laptop screen. But I dont think I can do this with Nvidia. i have seen Matrox USB adapters but that isnt an appealing option as I think they limit the additional screen resolution to below 1920*1200, my preferred option. Any ideas anyone ? Surely Nvidia cant be that far behind !!

irdmoose
Level 10
Several manufacturers support displays of 19x12 and more on the USB adapters. EVGA comes to mind for one. Most of them even have good video acceleration and HDCP support. The only reason I'm not sure if you can do 3 displays on the JW/SW is that I haven't tried it.

Chastity
Level 10
IIRC, you can use one or the other outputs, but not both.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]