cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 5 Gene Turbo not working, and settings not saving.

Warejon9
Level 7
Afternoon All,

I've got a maximus V gene, with a 3570k, after getting it stable at 4.7ghz during the cold spell, its warmed up and during FAH it gets around 80c. So i dialed down the multiplier to 46. I then thought about changing the various core load multipliers and got a bizarre situation.

The 4 core and 3 core limit is set at 46, and the 2 and 1 core are set at 47. Now when i go into windows CPUz reads the cores speed at 4.2 Ghz? Something a bit bizaare, even when i'm running prime on all 4 threads? Similarly the core speed doesn't increase under lighter load, however it still drops down to 1.6ghz when idle.

Speedstep etc are enabled.

Anyone else seen this?

Also for some reason whenever i change the voltages or setting in extreme tweaker, it changes the boot priority every time (and sometimes messes around with other boot settings).

I have tried reseting the CMOS, and got it to stay at 4.6 and dropping when idle, however it still doesn't turbo up under lighter load (forcing prime to use a single/double thread).

Also it still changes the boot order when messing around with voltage/multipliers.

I'm currently using the latest bios.
10 REPLIES 10

HiVizMan
Level 40
I suspect that when you did your latest BIOS update you may have picked up a bit of corruption. Download the file again and extract to your USB stick (fat formatted) and use the utility in BIOS tools EZflash2 to update your bios again.

Do remember to clear CMOS before you start the process and once you are done.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

sstephan wrote:
did you read this thread ?

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28357-strange-issues-with-latest-bios-(1604)&country=&statu...

That makes some very interesting reading indeed. And I have passed that thread on to the engineers, as I flagged it immediately on my return to the forum.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Just came from another round of tweaking getting this issue all the time you are not alone my friend. Multi options dont get saved. 😞
-= CROSSHAIR VIII HERO =-

ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC

AMD R7 3800X

GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200 CL14 RGB

SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

CORSAIR RM650i

http://www.overclock.net/t/1273640/official-rog-maximus-v-owners-club/1970

More users happening the same thing.

ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC

AMD R7 3800X

SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

CORSAIR RM650i

Raja
Level 13
Chinese new year so won't be a response on this until HQ gets back from their break. In the meantime, use an earlier build, or reduce your overclock to a point where this does not happen if you must use the latest UEFI build. Either corrupt ME (could be a variety of reasons for that), or some strange instability with some of the newer MRC updates (not much we can do about that unless Intel make changes).

You can also contact your local ASUS service if you wish.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks Raja and darn I had forgotten about the New Year

HiVizMan wrote:
Thanks Raja and darn I had forgotten about the New Year

Any word on Asus crew to get back to work ? I would like to get this issue fixed too 😕

ASUS STRIX 2080 Super OC

AMD R7 3800X

SAMSUNG 960 EVO 250GB

CORSAIR RM650i

HiVizMan
Level 40
What I can confirm is that the bios engineers have received the notification of the user issues with this bios. I got written confirmation yesterday (8 hours ago)