cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAMPAGE IV EXTREME Availability

mpoffo
Level 10
I was just going to order this board and it is not available on Newegg or Amazon atm. Perhaps just a coincidence. I assume they will be back in stock but is there a reason why several large retailers are out of stock? (board refresh, Chinese new year...). I know its a popular board just seems odd that I have been saving my pennies and all the sudden they dissappear.

Just curious if anyone knows. I guess I will just need to be patient.

Thanks
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup
135 REPLIES 135

chrsplmr
Level 18
Welcome to ROG friend.
Hopefully a new revision is underway .. no offense.

Curious .. why this board ?? all out OC ??? or Gamer ??
Cuz .. if its the latter ... personally I think those that overlook the CrossHair V are missing
out on the Big Score .. with a pair of 79xx's or 680's ... hard to beat .. excuse me .. just say'n.

This happens with high demand stock from time to time .. if your ROG is set on the Rampage ..
just sit tight .. continue to save .. there are many goodies to buy to go with the new system...
be patient friend .. Best of Luck ... Please keep us posted on your progress .. or 'if' you ever
have any issues .. c.

HiVizMan
Level 40
From a gamers perspective the RIVF (Formula) board is the best buy in my book. I use the Extreme for benching and the formula for 24/7
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
From a gamers perspective the RIVF (Formula) board is the best buy in my book. I use the Extreme for benching and the formula for 24/7

I stand corrected and accept.c.

HiVizMan wrote:

But the Rampage IV Extreme Still be used as a Gaming Board Cant it? Cause when this board got released I thought of getting the best ROG for X79 platform for gaming.. Like I do intend to overclock but not to extreme.. Prob between 4.2ghz - 4.7ghz but of course I dont wanna go to extreme since I have the 3960x CPU and Afarid of killing my board/CPU.

But I did come with some problems at first when I got the board. First the pins got bent and Gamedudes (Seem to repaired it) and it lasted like a year or so until I updated the bios at one stage and it was running fine until another bios came out few months later.. Anyway after that it lasted for few weeks and then.. when i push the power button it wont turn on and I was like "whats going on here" then I took it back to gamedudes and they seem to fix the problem (they say it was connection problems or something) now i didnt touch the inside of the connections cause they did all the wirring and everything.

Then it was running fine for few days and then boom it did the same problem again. So I got really frusturated with it. So I open the side case and check the H100 water cooler block on it to see how tight they did it and when i unlosen it a little bit bam it booted.. I was like.. ok this is odd.. I think my board is dodgey onn something.. Anyway it seems to boot when its already been powered on before but when I leave it off like over night.. It will do the same thing again..

So one after another I just gave up and give it back to gamedudes to do a serious check on it and before i did that i also reset the cmos and battery and did the things that the people suggested to see if that fixes the problem but it seems the problem keeps comming back.

Funny thing is when they did the testing and stuff it was working fine with them.. I dont kno why it was giving me chaos when it comes bak here.

So they asked me about if i overclock did i do it correctly and I said yes. I did it how Asus reccomends on how to overclock the cpu. They also said that they heard me saying if there was no solution to the board I would get another one to take its place, so I'm like well I did researching on boards and such and I think i just get a replacement since my current board went through alot since the pins and you never know if its reliable since then. I would of let them take my board for repairs on replacing the pins and everything but I thought it be to much a hassle for me. Cause all i want is a board that was fresh up from scratch and if there was any problems it be on Gamedudes Head to fix it since I didnt touch the board.. -.-

But I just hope when I get my board back this comming week, I hope i dont come accross the problem again or else im just gonna go bonkers, since I love the board and I just want it to work when I want it to and when ever I want it turned on.

But of course it will also mean i have a spare Rampage IV Extreme to play with if I was intending to build another rig if i wanted to but I cant do anething until few months time.

But I aint opening my case anymore or else I void the warranty that they did on the build and of course I wuld pay the labour fee of $120 and any extra if i did damage inside.

I just hope when I want something done right when I take it to them (Like install graphics cards of 2 titans or somthing), I just hope they put it in the right slot to get 16x,16x bandwith.

But of course like I mention when i was researching motherboards for replacement during the time I come across like MSI big bang II, Asrock Extreme 9 or 11, EVGA and Gigabyte. Funny thing is I dont know why there isn't any EVGA x79 motherboards in Australia where I live. So i dont know if there was a reason to that but above all else. I did my research carefully and just like meh. Rampage IV Extreme is a really good board above on all the ratings and such and I do play games and overclock (just not to extreme though) i just want my stuff to last more...... than just 1 year or less.

(I hate spending on fortune on something that dont tend to last as i want it to 😞 )

Anyway sorry for all that. It must be hell reading it all.

Chino
Level 15
If you don't want to wait and don't mind overpaying a little, TigerDirect and Fry's have it in stock for $429.99

Zka17
Level 16
Shoot! I supposed to get a replacement one... hope it's not that went missing as the Matrix Platinums...

mpoffo
Level 10
Thanks for the replies. Well I have been buying parts and was going to use the tax return for the remainder. I think I will sit tight. Just thought it was odd that they went out of stock. I am looking for "extreme" at the moment. I am sure I could get something else but this is what I had my sights on. Currently running SLI 580's and will upgrade to Titan or 780, or whatever variation they are coming out with.

Perhaps I will check out the other sites. I have heard of people having issues with Tiger but perhaps that is old news.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

maximiza
Level 11
the board is amazing, any cpu you put in it can unleash to its full potential.