cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEFI GOP Fast Boot VBIOS for ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5

Cerius
Level 7
UEFI GOP Fast Boot VBIOS for ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 GTX680 VB Ver 80.04.47.00.AS01

I have the ASUS GTX660 GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 running on an ASUS Maximus V Formula motherboard that supports Windows 8 Fast Boot.

I am also running Windows 8 Pro.

I would like to obtain a VBIOS for this card that will support Fast Boot.

Could anyone, preferably someone from ASUS (though information from others also welcom), comment on the current or expected availability of such a BIOS for this card?

thanks
Asus MVF/T : i7 3770k @ 4.6 GHz : Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M4A2400C9 1x Asus GTX680-DC2T-2GD5I : 2xSamsung 840 (250GB) RAID0 : 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda : Corsair H100 : AirFlow Pro™ Dynamic Temperature and Activity Display : alphaLCD 240X128 : Corsair 600T Mid-Tower Case
6 REPLIES 6

SUKARA
Level 10
EDIT: Update below

eddiepropane
Level 7
Hi,

I have to say I am very disappointed by the above post 😞

I have also posted in the other thread regarding a UEFI VBIOS where it appears a PM was sent to the OP which I can only imagine was to provide a compatible VBIOS otherwise he would have got a similar message to above.

Can you explain why you are unable to provide such a feature for people who own compatible hardware?

I can understand the risk if you were posting as an update on the website or through GPU tweak but I cannot understand the decision not to support customers who have invested a lot of money for a TOP of the line product, who own compatible hardware and know it is possible.

Many other GPU manufacturers are happy to provide a compatible VBIOS upon request which I disappointingly assumed would be the case here.

Bob.

eddiepropane wrote:
Hi,

I have to say I am very disappointed by the above post 😞

Same here. Because I'm am sick of the humiliation to beg ASUS to support a function the hardware is capable of, I have decided to take it into my own hand. Translate this:
www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f14/nvidia-geforce-gtx-600-serie-bios-files-932143-42.html#post2016523...

You will find a vbios that is ONLY stable with ASUS GTX670 DC2 TOP having BIOS 80.04.19.00.AS03 or 80.04.19.00.AS02

Was very tedious manual work to identify all parameters that influence stability and boost behavior and to transfer them to an MSI bios. But it works. 9 sec cold boot to desktop and stable as the original BIOS in demanding games. Thanks Asus for forcing me to waste my time to properly enjoy a product of yours!

If others want to use it: be warned. You must know what you are doing! You use it at your own Risk!

is there anything new?
Asus MVF/T : i7 3770k @ 4.6 GHz : Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX3M4A2400C9 1x Asus GTX680-DC2T-2GD5I : 2xSamsung 840 (250GB) RAID0 : 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda : Corsair H100 : AirFlow Pro™ Dynamic Temperature and Activity Display : alphaLCD 240X128 : Corsair 600T Mid-Tower Case

Shannon77
Level 7
Good topic, i will discuss very soon, thanks for sharing.

tunis airline
check page ranking