Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Need to make a quick decision. Advice needed

Need to decide whether to pick up an fx6300 6300 or fx8320. Mainly used for gaming but also running twin vtx3d 7870's. The tahiti chip, so looking to see which one will give best performance and as little bottle neck as possible.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

As far as gaming goes, the 8320 has a slight edge over the 6300.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

The 8320 will certainly give you the most performance. But I am sure that all three processors will do the job just fine. Don't forget that you can squeeze out a little more performance from the processors by overclocking them.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

But I will the fx 6300 bottleneck my 2 cards the way my current fx 4100 appears to be

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I do not think, that your CPU is bottlencking your graphics cards - but if you're right, just get the strongest CPU you can afford...

ROG Enthusiast Array

The 8320 is as far as I can stretch but was told it would be a waste and would be better with the 6300 for what I'm doing, however the 4100 was a bad choice after taking advice on other forum so want to be 100% sure so I don't waste money like I did at the weekend with this cpu

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    I do not think, that your CPU is bottlencking your graphics cards - but if you're right, just get the strongest CPU you can afford...
    Reason I have think that is on other forums they all say the same thing, mind you they all seem to be Intel fanboys and can't grasp that I'm not going to fork out £300 for cpu and mobo when a 100 cpu will do the job

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Im wondering why the 8350 is not in your list.

Welcome to ROG .. and Thank You for asking.btw.
    and if I may .. can you list your other specs .. ie .. memory (first and foremost)
    and psu ??? and what board are you using ??
    Lastly .. what game ?? [ curious ]

best of luck .. keep us posted - Please. [ This is a very 'informative' Thread .. or shall be.].c.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have the following
    Sabretooth 990fx
    16 gb g skill ripjaws x 1600
    Xigmatek 700w 80 plus bronze psu, bought cos it had great reviews.

Never mentioned 8350 as it was out my price range this week

Games that are struggling Inc sleeping dogs, far cry 3 and hitman, the games are still playable mainly at 40 fps upwards however disappointed in the results.

My cpu is oc to 4416 prime stable forv6 hours but won't go a notch above this without failing first couple minstrel in prime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast