Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array KPRage PC Specs
    KPRage PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Gene
    Processor3570k
    Memory (part number)Vengance 1866 8Gb Ram
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Graphics Card #2ASUS R9 280 DC2
    Graphics Card #3Radeon 5850 HD
    MonitorASUS VZ27AQ
    Storage #1Samsun EVO 850 Pro
    Storage #23 1TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerH80
    CaseMerc Alpha
    Power SupplyTX 650 80 plus Gold
    OS Win 7/ Win 8.1/ Win 10
    KPRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    26
    Posts
    572

    Stu, have you tried having the setting with different clocks for each core, i.e., ratio synchronization disabled? I mean something like: 51,50,49,48,47,46,45,44 and, so on for core0, core1, etc respectively?? You can try with lower values too in case 51 stuff doesn't work out..
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

    Pre & Post Build Guide

    A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made

  2. #12
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array nikosa43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Reputation
    73
    Posts
    1,014

    Although your PSU is powerful enough for 3X 7970 and overclocked, have you considered that you are drawing too much power of some 12V rail and the PSU becomes unstable? If I was u, I would recheck my power distribution, I would have connected all the auxiliary power connectors of the mainboard and I would make all the tries for CPU OC with only one 7970.

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    128

    Quote Originally Posted by KPRage View Post
    Stu, have you tried having the setting with different clocks for each core, i.e., ratio synchronization disabled? I mean something like: 51,50,49,48,47,46,45,44 and, so on for core0, core1, etc respectively?? You can try with lower values too in case 51 stuff doesn't work out..
    No mate, I guess its worth a try, although I have almost thrown the towel in now to be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by nikosa43 View Post
    Although your PSU is powerful enough for 3X 7970 and overclocked, have you considered that you are drawing too much power of some 12V rail and the PSU becomes unstable? If I was u, I would recheck my power distribution, I would have connected all the auxiliary power connectors of the mainboard and I would make all the tries for CPU OC with only one 7970.
    Hi, these shutdowns are under Super Pi32, No GPU's in use.

    Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
    AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
    2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
    16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
    Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
    Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
    Windows 7 64 bit.

    Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

  4. #14
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Try increasing VCCSA and VCCIO. If that does not help, try running DRAM at DDR3-1066 just to pull that out of the equation. If none of those help your CPU simply needs to be colder...hehe

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    128

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Try increasing VCCSA and VCCIO.
    How high can I safely take this with the MIVE-Z68 Raja?
    Its combined on mine IIRC.

    Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
    AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
    2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
    16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
    Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
    Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
    Windows 7 64 bit.

    Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

  6. #16
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array KPRage PC Specs
    KPRage PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Gene
    Processor3570k
    Memory (part number)Vengance 1866 8Gb Ram
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Graphics Card #2ASUS R9 280 DC2
    Graphics Card #3Radeon 5850 HD
    MonitorASUS VZ27AQ
    Storage #1Samsun EVO 850 Pro
    Storage #23 1TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerH80
    CaseMerc Alpha
    Power SupplyTX 650 80 plus Gold
    OS Win 7/ Win 8.1/ Win 10
    KPRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    26
    Posts
    572

    Well, when I tried having different multipliers for different cores, it was surprising to see that my core ran 4.8Ghz at 1.26V.. Rest all ran at 47,46,45 respectively.. Please see which cores are running hotter than the rest and, try to keep their multipliers of lower value.. The other cores, try pushing them beyond 4.8-5 and, see if that helps!! Just don't throw in the towel yet mate.. Never backdown until you have tried it all..
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

    Pre & Post Build Guide

    A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made

  7. #17
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array KPRage PC Specs
    KPRage PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Gene
    Processor3570k
    Memory (part number)Vengance 1866 8Gb Ram
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Graphics Card #2ASUS R9 280 DC2
    Graphics Card #3Radeon 5850 HD
    MonitorASUS VZ27AQ
    Storage #1Samsun EVO 850 Pro
    Storage #23 1TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerH80
    CaseMerc Alpha
    Power SupplyTX 650 80 plus Gold
    OS Win 7/ Win 8.1/ Win 10
    KPRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    26
    Posts
    572

    Oh and, Stu, it may be a long process and, a lot of trial and, error doing the above mentioned setting.. You may have to try all the combinations possible to hit the sweet spot.. All the best trying it out mate.. Hope it works for you.. Keep us posted.. Cheers..
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

    Pre & Post Build Guide

    A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made

  8. #18
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reputation
    161
    Posts
    7,454

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu @ MSD View Post
    How high can I safely take this with the MIVE-Z68 Raja?
    Its combined on mine IIRC.

    You should not need any more than 1.15V really. I would go no higher than 1.25V as a test.

  9. #19
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    128

    Quote Originally Posted by KPRage View Post
    Well, when I tried having different multipliers for different cores, it was surprising to see that my core ran 4.8Ghz at 1.26V.. Rest all ran at 47,46,45 respectively.. Please see which cores are running hotter than the rest and, try to keep their multipliers of lower value.. The other cores, try pushing them beyond 4.8-5 and, see if that helps!! Just don't throw in the towel yet mate.. Never backdown until you have tried it all..
    Thanks mate, will give it a go then.


    Quote Originally Posted by KPRage View Post
    Oh and, Stu, it may be a long process and, a lot of trial and, error doing the above mentioned setting.. You may have to try all the combinations possible to hit the sweet spot.. All the best trying it out mate.. Hope it works for you.. Keep us posted.. Cheers..
    Thanks. You just get drained of the reebooting after a few hours a night for weeks dont you? Thank god for SSD's!

    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    You should not need any more than 1.15V really. I would go no higher than 1.25V as a test.
    Thanks, have never tried over 1.10 which is my normal manual setting.

    Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
    i7 3770K @ 4.4ghz
    AMD 7970 HD x3 in TriFire @ 1200/1800.
    2x 240GHZ OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1x 512Gb Vertex 4
    16GB 2133mhz Patriot DDR3
    Ennermax Max Revo 1500w PSU
    Huge water loop with an internal EK 340mm & external Supernova 1260mm
    Windows 7 64 bit.

    Aquaero Fan control & monitoring

  10. #20
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array KPRage PC Specs
    KPRage PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Gene
    Processor3570k
    Memory (part number)Vengance 1866 8Gb Ram
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Graphics Card #2ASUS R9 280 DC2
    Graphics Card #3Radeon 5850 HD
    MonitorASUS VZ27AQ
    Storage #1Samsun EVO 850 Pro
    Storage #23 1TB HDDs
    CPU CoolerH80
    CaseMerc Alpha
    Power SupplyTX 650 80 plus Gold
    OS Win 7/ Win 8.1/ Win 10
    KPRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    26
    Posts
    572

    Quote Originally Posted by Stu @ MSD View Post
    Thanks. You just get drained of the reebooting after a few hours a night for weeks dont you? Thank god for SSD's!
    Ha ha I know what you mean.. Just imagine, I am doing it with a GREEN SATA HDD.. :P My patience also has ran out of patience.. So, found a quick way to test stability and, have fun. Play Counter strike for an hour or so while, a thread opens firefox in the background.. Always worked out for me.. Volts go sky high with this too!! May be BF3 too does the trick.. Play while you work.. :P
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd to 4.6GHz @1.170V; Mobo: MVG; GPU: Zotac 1070 mini OC'd to +210MHz/+205MHz; Memory: 8GB (2X4GB dual channel) Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz 9-10-9-T2; SSD: Samsung 840 pro; HDD: 1TB WD Green 6Gbps; PSU: Corsair GS 600w; Case: Bitfenix Merc Alpha:Hybrid Octane in progress; Cooler: Corsair H80 closed loop cooling @ high profile;

    Pre & Post Build Guide

    A lot of epic FAIL videos are made before one epic WIN video is made

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •